Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sandbanks, Dorset

Sandbanks

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

Marylebone, London

Marylebone

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:43 on 29th February 2008

Log in to the site, click 'My Account', then scroll down and under the heading 'My Preferences' click the link 'Click here to edit preferences..'

Where it says 'Avatar:' you'll see a 'Browse' button to the right. Click it to locate the picture/avatar from your computer that you wish to use.

Once you've selected the image you want to use, click the 'Save Changes' button and you're done.

You may have to click your browser 'Refresh' button once or twice to see your new avatar.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Enjoy!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Steve Barrand
Steve Barrand
quotePosted at 10:00 on 27th August 2008
Thanks POE for your continuing help and guidance to the site - much apprectiated. Laughing
mrsnickleby
mrsnickleby
quotePosted at 09:28 on 1st November 2012
Whoppeee! Managed to get my Avatar up and running. Thank you POE!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:53 on 1st November 2012

Thank you Abigail for the post above, proving that the avatars work again (after a problem that lasted quite a while) and for being part of the POE family!

I have wondered many times whether or not we have any POE members that are famous for a particular reason, have played a major role in something special, and of course you fit the bill don't you?

Would you mind me 'exposing you' so to speak? If you choose not to reveal relevant information that's okay of course, but I just know the members would love to know who you are. Maybe you will be kind enough to tell them, or I will if it's okay with you?

Edited by: Ron Brind at:1st November 2012 13:03
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:13 on 1st November 2012

Well done to C&S and all the others behind the scenes keeping us lot off the steets ( except for taking fresh pics ). It is good to see everyone " looking themselves " again. I do have a query though and I have had this before so I reckon it is something my end rather than at POE's, I am running two different avatars at the same time and not sure how this works. If I log in using aol I will see a sophisticated meerkat, but if I log in using internet explorer I see a rabbit with a boot close behind. This is not a problem but I am intriged to understand the logic of it. 

Again C & S , thanks again for all the behind the scenes work.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:28 on 1st November 2012
Hi Vince, I don't know the answer and will mention it to C&S but an obvious question maybe, have you emptied your internet cache in both browsers? Seems to me that this is likely to be the reason for it.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:36 on 1st November 2012
Gotta say I got the same thing. Pussies with Firefox at home and the good old whisky glass with IE8 at work.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:42 on 1st November 2012
  Thans Ron, as I said does not bother me, just curious.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:00 on 2nd November 2012
How very odd, I haven't done anything to the system but I know have my pussies on IE8 at work........mind we have just passed Halloween so lets lay the blame with the witches.....
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:11 on 2nd November 2012
Dare I suggest that IE8 is slower than Firefox? lol