Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cackle Hill Lane, Holbeach

Holbeach

in the county of Lincolnshire

Close up of Fointain at Abbey front, Stapehill

Stapehill

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Members list

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 00:03 on 18th October 2008

If anyone's interested in who joins and where they are from, here's the link:
http://www.picturesofengland.com/members/latest

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 01:52 on 18th October 2008
Congratulations POE.  Aren't you heading a truly International Community!  And how we're growing, too!  Your hard work is greatly appreciated by us all.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:56 on 18th October 2008

Wow! Jason, Paul and Lyn were there right from the beginning,  I didn't look to see how far down the line I was, but I know I couldn't sign in for almost a year for some reason.

This is great POE.

L
L
quotePosted at 06:29 on 18th October 2008
Yep, I've been a member almost from the start but Jason beat me by a couple of months I see LOL I'm part of the furniture, bit like I am here at home WinkLaughing Thanks for putting this link in Chris & Sarah Smile
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 08:20 on 18th October 2008
Interesting to read and I'd always thought the 1 Jan 2005 for myself was an arbitrary starting date, as I'd always thought my first submissions were in the winter of 2004 about Oct./Nov.as I had to wait then until 2005 to get some more summer photos across the south of England. 1/1/05 I was down in Winchester taking bus photos and don't recall  off hand signing up that day as well? There was certainly several 1000s of miles driven across ten counties over 4 years taking 1000's of photos of various places, though poor weather sometimes meant that many will be re-visited and taken again under better conditions. Sue H had kindly Favourited one of the worst photos I thought I'd ever taken on a cold, wet, winters day at Turville, and later visits there wasted due to countless parked cars all over the village; a lovely place that seems impossible to get a photo that shows how nice it really is.

quote | editPosted at 09:50 on 18th October 2008

Thanks’ for the list Poe, how interesting. My daughters partner found your web site and told me about it a couple of years ago, can’t think why I didn’t join then, probably because not even I enjoyed looking at my pics back then let alone inflicting them on anyone else. Also I notice that at number 264 my good friend Andrea joined and never told me or introduced herself on the forums, I shall be e mailing her later and trying to persuade her that we are really not that bad. Laughing

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:56 on 18th October 2008

Thanks to Jason, Lyn G, Paul an all for getting us going.....now we know who to blame!!!

It makes for an interesting stroll.....and scroll! Well done Chris and Sarah for adding yet more interest.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 10:59 on 18th October 2008
Hi Paul all the date records for early members (pre-login system) were gleaned automatically from their first uploaded photos. I'm not sure how the error came about with yours, but i've now changed it by hand to show Nov 04, which doesn't affect the positions in the list.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:33 on 18th October 2008

Thanks POE. Another great addition to the site. Thank you for such a great and friendly site.

Edited by: Peter Evans at:18th October 2008 12:37
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 13:21 on 18th October 2008
Thanks for the list POE. And for being here for me! Smile
1 2 3 4 5 Next >