Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Dalton-in-Furness Castle, Cumbria

Dalton-in-Furness

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of Dedham

Dedham

a Picturesque Village in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Notice to all members

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 17:46 on 3rd December 2008
Dear Members,

Firstly, Sarah and I would like to apologise for the lack of input from us regarding certain issues that have arisen recently within the forums. We cannot stress how sorry we are about all this, as we feel we have let you all down considerably. Please accept our sincere apologies, as we are fairly certain that if we had managed to give an official statement early on, certain issues would not have got out of hand in the way that they did.

We had been made aware of the problems regarding posts going off-topic, which we did promise to resolve by way of making an official post. However, due to unforseen personal circumstances way out of our control and which required our undivided time and attention, we failed to do so, only managing to get on the site and deal with the one issue regarding the spammer whos auto posts, if left unchecked, would have ground the site to a halt, so it was essential it was dealt with there and then. Thank you Sue H, Ron, and Paul Hilton, for alerting us of him, and helping us deal with him! We really do appreciate it.

We now fully intend to deal with the other problem regarding posts going off-topic, and will go about the process of finding a suitable solution, even if it is just reiterating the rules, perhaps revamping them slightly and keeping everyone in check if posts stray too far off topic.
We want everyone to enjoy the site, we just hope that you can all stand by us through some particularly trying times whilst we work hard at getting the site back to the special, warm, and extremely fun place that each and every one of you helped create. You are all very special to us, and we don't want to see a single one of you leave over something like this. 
Please try to find it in your hearts to put your differences aside, nomatter whats been said, and remember all the fun and friendship that you found here to begin with, and we will try our best to make sure everyone is happy and catered for.

We apologise again for our recent absence, and really hope that everyone can try their best to move forward and get PoE back to being the fun friendly place it was before the recent upsets.

Also, anyone awaiting an email response regarding moving of images or any other matter, we hope to get a response out over the next day or two. We sincerely apologise for the delay.

Chris & Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:56 on 3rd December 2008

Thank you for all you do for us Chris and Sarah...

((((((( )))))))

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 19:22 on 3rd December 2008

Thank you Chris and Sarah. Frankly, I am embarrassed and heartily sorry that you have to be dragged into this in the first place. It seems to me that we are all adults and should be able to work this out without resorting to the kind of bickering that has arisen here.

Your love and commitment to this site is to be commended Chris and Sarah. If it weren't for the two of you there would be no POE and none of us would have had this wonderful experience of meeting new friends from around the world.

I hope that the various troubles that your family has had to deal with personally are sorted out to your satisfaction, and that you are able to enjoy your Christmas without further problems.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Chris, Sarah, and family ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Kiss

quote | editPosted at 19:39 on 3rd December 2008

Thank you Chris and Sarah, for your statement. It is timely and most appreciated. I too hope POE returns to the lovely site it was a pleasure to visit.

My very best wishes to you both.

Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 20:00 on 3rd December 2008
Chris & Sarah, thank you for your message to all. I am still fairly new at this, even if I did join some time ago, and I definitely want to stay within boundaries,.You have such a great group here and have made this site interesting, informative, enjoyable, inviting and a good n fun place to come. Thank you for all your effort, for I appreciate this. We seem to have a good time in here and we continue to share so much.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 22:38 on 3rd December 2008
Chris and Sarah, Thank you both for all you do for us. It is much appreciated. Wishing you and your family the best always.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:56 on 4th December 2008

Chris, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for.  It's all of us who should be apologizing to you for being such a pain sometimes.  I think we all understand that family comes first.  POE means so much to us all, I think that's why when there's a conflict of some sort, we all end up feeling a little upset.  This is not an "I Can Take It or Leave It," type of website.  Most of us who've joined this forum really love being here.  And you and Sarah make it all happen.  For that I am truly grateful.  You have my prayers and best wishes that your issues are all sorted out and that you'll have a wonderful Christmas and the best of New Years.  God bless.  XO

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 13:51 on 4th December 2008
Cool! Merry Christmas to you all.
 Please login to post to this thread...