'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Mistley Church, Essex

Mistley

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New feature - Custom Picture Tours

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 21:03 on 24th December 2008
A lot of visitors to the site love to look through the special picture tours we have on the site, such as 'England in Winter', 'Wildlife in England' and so on, which can all be found on our main tours page here - http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/tours.
Therefore we thought it would be really nice if members could create their own special picture tours too, using any images from the site. This is now possible with the launch of our brand new feature 'Custom Picture Tours'. Please read below on how to get started creating your own special custom picture tours.

Ideas for creating new tours
There really is no limit to what you create, and it doesn't matter if we have similiar themed picture tours already or not. You create tours containing exactly the pictures you want.
Perhaps you have a strong interest in nature and would like to compile a tour using some of the wildlife images from around the site, or perhaps you like looking at specific types of buildings such as thatched cottages, or old timber framed buildings, so would like to create a tour based on those. You could even create a tour using just your own images which you took on a walk or a visit somewhere, to show people exactly what you saw, and in the exact order that you saw it.

Creating your first tour
Please don't worry about getting it wrong, as you can edit any part of your tour you like such as removing images, renaming the tour itself, adding and editing the description for each image, and re-arranging the order the images appear in throughout the tour you create. You can even delete a tour that you are not happy with, everything is under your control!
Please give it a go, and then if you're happy with it why not post a link to your first tour in the forum for others to see?. Once we have enough Custom Picture Tours being created, we'll establish a main page for them where they will all be listed automatically as they are finished.

Please have fun, and post any questions below and we'll try to answer them as soon as we can.

1. Think of what kind of tour you want to create, then search out your first image.

2. Once you've found an image you wish to add to your tour, click the link 'Add to tour' which is next to the 'Add to favourites' link just above the photo.

As you click the link, a small grey box will appear. This is the box you use to create custom tours and add images to them.

3. In the small grey box, and in the field labelled 'Create a new tour:' please type in the name of your tour, for instance 'Birds in flight' or 'Quirky cottages' etc.

The field directly below is for giving the image a custom description that fits in better with your tour than the original one. You can always add and edit custom descriptions later from the 'edit descriptions' link on your new 'My Tours' page, or you can add it now as you add the first picture.

4. If you are happy with your tours title, click the link 'Add Picture' at the bottom of the little grey box. The box should now disappear. Congratulations you have just created your first custom picture tour!

Please note - After clicking the 'Add to tour' link for the little grey box to appear, moving your cursor off the little grey box will make the box vanish. Simply click the 'Add to tour' link again to bring back the box.

To access the new tour you created, click the link 'My Tours' which can be found on the right-hand side of the site under 'My Menu'. This is where your new tour should be listed along with links for editing and deleting it, and re-ordering images within it.

To add more pictures to a tour simply click the 'Add to tour' link above any picture on the site, and within the little grey box that appears, either create a new tour as you did before, or add the image to an existing tour which will be listed in the grey boxes drop-down menu under 'Add to an existing tour'.

We hope you enjoy the new feature, and would like to wish you all again a very happy Christmas and happy New Year.

Chris and Sarah

Edited by: poe at:25th December 2008 03:05
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:07 on 24th December 2008

This sounds intriguing.

Oh, I love Christmas Eve gifts.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:34 on 25th December 2008
Crikey, what time did you go to bed last night? From what I can see another great POE feature for us to have fun with, probably sometime tomorrow now though.....hic! Well done again Chris and Sarah can't wait to have a go at it...hic!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 10:11 on 25th December 2008
Great idea!!
Gill Deadman
Gill Deadman
quotePosted at 12:45 on 25th December 2008

Custom Picture Tour sounds a great idea! I'll have to check through my pictures soon. Meanwhile...........

Happy Christmas, everyone!Laughing

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:01 on 25th December 2008

Happy Christmas Sue, Ron, Andy, Gill, and all!

Here is a quick picture tour I just created using the new feature. I'll add more images to it at a later date, as I come across them, plus more info to spice it up. It's a picture tour celebrating our beautiful swans that grace our lakes and waterways throughout England. Enjoy it as a slideshow or simply by clicking through. It's just to show you what you can create. I've added a custom description to the first image, and will add more later to the others.

Here is the link to the custom made tour - Beautiful Swans

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:55 on 25th December 2008

Oh yes, I'm going to like this feature.

Thank you so much dear POE/Chris and Sarah.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:06 on 25th December 2008

Another great idea from Chris and Sarah to enhance our enjoyment of this great site!!!

Thanks Chris and Sarah! Merry Christmas!Smile

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 15:31 on 25th December 2008
How cool is that!?!?!   Thanks, Chris and Sarah!  What a lovely Christmas gift to the members!  I'm looking forward to the tours.  Merry Christmas!!
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 18:29 on 25th December 2008
Yum! am looking forward to playing with that :)  Thank you Chris&Sarah! (or C&S...come to think of it, we could also make a brand out of that...like D&G lol ;-)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >