Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marylebone, London

Marylebone

in the county of Greater London

Bembridge Windmill (NT)

Bembridge

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A reminder about frivolous posts / respecting the moderators

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 18:29 on 9th January 2009

Just to clear matters up, at least a dozen posts were deleted from a particular thread earlier today due to complaints about frivolous chat contained within it. Please keep it on-topic folks! or use the chat room to save your posts being deleted.
We also deleted the complaints as they served no purpose after we'd cleaned up. However at least one member only noticed the complaints deleted (and not the frivolous posts), and this led them in to leaving the site. We'd just like to point out to everyone that those complaints were acted upon, and posts which we deemed to be frivolous chat were deleted.

We'd also like to point out that we won't tolerate the slurs aimed at the moderators left throughout the forums recently by certain members. It is extremely disrespectful to say the least, totally unnecessary and unjustified. Striking the right balance in the forum and keeping everyone happy is never going to be easy and won't happen over night, but we are trying our best and will get there. If anyone has a problem they feel strongly about, please either contact one of the moderators or us personally through the contact form (everyone has one on their profile) and we will do our best to resolve it as soon as we can.

Many thanks for your continued support.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:35 on 9th January 2009

I've just tuned into the forum after being gone for 3 days, and I almost decided to just keep my mouth shut until the dust settles, especially since I didn't see the deleted postings and don't really know what's going on.  But I just read missing members and feel like I have to speak up for Chris and Sarah, Ron and Sue in their official capacity as moderators.  It's because of the Plows that we have this lovely site.

We are all  supposedly adults and if we truly are and have respect for one another, then their work "moderating" should be minimal.  That goes for people getting carried away with chatter, people criticizing chatter, whatever.  I find cheap shots at the moderators, especially Chris and Sarah, to be HIGHLY offensive.

You have my full support and gratitude, Chris and Sarah.  This thread is very aptly titled.  Frivilous postings taken to the extreme and lack of respect for the moderators have to end...NOW!

Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 23:02 on 9th January 2009
Hi everyone, don't want to get involved, but Sue how did you post on a locked/closed thread? Emma
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:10 on 9th January 2009

It's the power of a POE moderator Emma. 

I was composing that post when Chris locked it, and it wasn't until after I had posted that I realized it was locked, Chris knows that he can delete it if he feels it necessary.

Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 23:34 on 9th January 2009
Ok Sue H, was just wondering
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:57 on 10th January 2009
I decided to stay neutral which is difficult in itself! I just feel awful and a bit responsible as it was the thread I reopened that caused the row and then my own missing member thread that got so heated and then locked. I didn't realise how hard it must be to run a forum.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:57 on 10th January 2009
No problem Stephanie, certainly don't feel bad about it. The simple truth is you can't please all of the people all of the time! How true that is!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:24 on 10th January 2009
My sincere thanks also to you Ruth, for your continued support and wise words above. You know the fact is C&S are very upset about the matter, which is now firmly behind us I might add and yet it was not of their making! They had absolutely nothing to do with it. They issued an appropriate warning to a member which should have been taken on the chin, but I was the one who deleted the ONE post from a long time friend, which in turn allowed one or two to get a bit uptight. Well so be it, the matter is now closed!
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 14:57 on 5th March 2009
I just want to say that I personally thoroughly appreciate the fact that this site exists as well as all the hard work put into it by the moderators and everyone involved.  I love this site!  To the powers that be:  if any of my posts are ever too chatty, off topic, or in any way outside the appropriate parameters, please do so advise me immediately and take the appropriate actions to clear it up.  I want to continue enjoying this site, and don't want to be responsible for making any negative contributions.  Thank you all for PoE!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:14 on 5th March 2009
I am with Barbara on that as well !!!