'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Baslow, Derbyshire

Baslow

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Wales -vs- Cornwell???

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 23:58 on 8th March 2009

OK, I have seen a lot of you talk about Cornwell? I have not heard of this town before, what is it near and how far from London? We were thinking of going to Wales would Cornwell be a better place to visit than Wales? We love open country side and beautiful lanscape.

Thanks for your help,

Debbie

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:04 on 9th March 2009

Cornwall is a county which lies on the southwest of England. Here is the POE (Pictures of England) page for Cornwall 

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Cornwall

It's all very beautiful over there Debbie, you'll not go wrong with Cornwall or Wales.  

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 00:26 on 9th March 2009

Thanks Sue,

I glanced at some of the pictures and it loooks great i tried to find Wales on here but had no luck is there something else I need to go to?

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 02:57 on 9th March 2009
We do have some pictures of Wales on the site, but I'm not sure if there is a separate link to them yet, as initially this was a site for pictures of England. I have a few pictures of Wales that I took, and I know that a few others have welsh pictures up too, but I don't know how to direct you to them.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:14 on 9th March 2009
Wales, Scotland and Ireland will eventually be more prominent on the website. Try the search box at the top left of the page and if there are any pictures available it will find them for example 'Pembrokeshire' in Wales, 'Highland' in Scotland, 'County Cork' in Ireland. Hope it helps a little.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 10:54 on 9th March 2009

Hi debbie and welcome to POE (Pictures of England) from me.  Ron and Sue are right. if you look at a map/picture of Great Britain (looks like a man sat down with his legs outstrectched lol) you will see that the County of Cornwall is in the bottom South west, (the mans feet and legs below his knees).Wales is a small CountRy bordering the west of England (No visable border) a lot larger than cornwall. (Where the mans hands appear to be lol )  Both these places are worth a stay but quite a distance from London. My tip is only go to London if you want to visit London.

England (as in Wales, Scotland and Ireland) is abound with beuatiful countryside and each county is a joy to visit. my advice is do your homework well before you come, you'll probly come back again anyway. if you want warm and pleasant sun, the best time is april to september, although the sun does shine troughout the four seasons. But be prepared for rain also, thats what makes us a beuatiful green island. As I live in Northan England, theres so much beauty up here, that we dont really have to go to the south but some do. Anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit, whichever you choose.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 15:34 on 9th March 2009

I love both places Debbie. My suggestion if you want to look at scenes in Wales on the site is to type in the counties in Wales in the search option.

The ones I found are Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Monmouthshire, Conwy and Powys.

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 15:44 on 9th March 2009
My favorite places in Wales are, pembrokeshire, South Wales and Snowdonia, which is North!  both beautiful, both different! Cornwall is beautiful too!!
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 17:31 on 9th March 2009

Thank all of you so much for the warm Welcome and all the helpful information!! I knew i found you guys for some good reason;-))

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 01:10 on 10th March 2009

Stephanie & Jason , I think you are both right, I just got my brochures in the mail today and the first place that really stuck out was Pembrokeshire,, very pretty! Can anyone tell me how long it would take to drive from London to Pembrokeshire? In the brochure it tells me from London to Cardiff takes 2 hrs 53 mints but it does not tell me about other areas.