Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Walla Crag - Borrowdale - Lake District

Borrowdale

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of Doncaster Minster

Doncaster

in the county of South Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Wales -vs- Cornwell???

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 01:23 on 10th March 2009
On 9th March 2009 10:54, michael gerrard wrote:

Hi debbie and welcome to POE (Pictures of England) from me.  Ron and Sue are right. if you look at a map/picture of Great Britain (looks like a man sat down with his legs outstrectched lol) you will see that the County of Cornwall is in the bottom South west, (the mans feet and legs below his knees).Wales is a small CountRy bordering the west of England (No visable border) a lot larger than cornwall. (Where the mans hands appear to be lol )  Both these places are worth a stay but quite a distance from London. My tip is only go to London if you want to visit London.

England (as in Wales, Scotland and Ireland) is abound with beuatiful countryside and each county is a joy to visit. my advice is do your homework well before you come, you'll probly come back again anyway. if you want warm and pleasant sun, the best time is april to september, although the sun does shine troughout the four seasons. But be prepared for rain also, thats what makes us a beuatiful green island. As I live in Northan England, theres so much beauty up here, that we dont really have to go to the south but some do. Anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit, whichever you choose.

Thanks Michael,  LOL,LOL I have never had a map explained to me in that way before,,LOL and you are right, I recieved my brochure in the mail today and could not wait to look at the map,,lol My husband ask what i was looking for and i just told him the  man sitting with his legs outstrectched.LOL You would be a great teacher!

And we will be there in Sept. its our 25th anniv. so i hope we have some good weather days but if not its ok we got use to going in the rain in Ireland and Scotland that didnt slow us down.;-) Thanks for your help

Edited by: DEBBIE ADAMS at:10th March 2009 01:25
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...