'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Accommodation Categories

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 18:37 on 13th August 2010

We've added a couple of new categories to the accommodation side of the site, to accompany the hotels. The new categories are:

B&B's: http://www.picturesofengland.com/bedandbreakfasts

and

Holiday Cottages: http://www.picturesofengland.com/cottages

Our new main gateway or hub for the accommodation will be http://www.picturesofengland.com/accommodation instead of the old /hotels url.

We'll also be adding a category for Caravan & Camping sites over the next few weeks.

There is still a lot of work to be done to these new categories in order to get them just right and how we want them, but for now they are working and so we thought we'd put them live so members and visitors can benefit from them.

We'll also be adding new things such as an accommodation search facility with options to search for properties by specific facility (free wifi, pets welcome, non smoking etc) and also special categories such as properties with countryside views, sea views, etc, and properties with historic interest (such as langtry manor).

If you have any comments or suggestions for what we are doing please let us know, as your feedback on all this is greatly appreciated and will help us get everything just right.

Many thanks,

Chris & Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:40 on 13th August 2010
Wow - that's a huge job, great idea though.  Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your suggestions.  Especially like the idea of the facility and special categories.Smile
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 18:50 on 13th August 2010
Thanks so much! I'm planning on crossing the pond in March or April so this helps me out a great deal!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:14 on 13th August 2010
Good stuff Chris and Sarah. I have already looked up a rather nice 5 Star B&B in Torquay as we have to visit that area in a couple of weeks time. It's now stored in my favourites waiting for our confirmation, which will be as soon as I can get our other commitments sorted. Nice additions to the site.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 06:45 on 15th August 2010

It's not Fawlty Towers is it Ron?  Tongue out

Seriously, it's great that you and Anna are getting away for vacation.  Hope you have a wonderful time.  xx

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:08 on 15th August 2010
Not exactly vacation CathyML but need to make the journey so what better than book it through POE to help support the site. Won't be away very long either but a little of what you fancy etc...Lol
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:10 on 15th August 2010
Ummm!  Have we a three sided conversation here that I don't know about? lol
 Please login to post to this thread...