Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Ingham

Ingham

in the county of Lincolnshire

On the Canal at Berkhamsted, Herts

Berkhamsted

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sell Your Photos! On poe's new sister site!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
Posted at 10:06 on 30th April 2011
On 9th February 2011 13:57, Paul Hilton wrote:

Here's sme things I won't be submtting images of myself-----

photos taken on any National Trust property; photos taken from a public place/highway that includes NT property seems ok; but not while stood on any of theirs.

Photos taken while on Trafalgar Square, Parliament Square, Royal Parks in London, on London Underground property; all require permits to do so commercially.

Anything related to law enforcement; pictures that include police stations, court buildings, police vehicles, and police officers etc.

Any place I've paid an admission to enter. Basically, if I've gone onto pivate property, I'd be asking what their policy is of taking photos and their usage.  That's my own guidelines for any photos I might submit unless I've aquired permission, releases, or permits to do so.

Some week ago I emailed Chris and Sarah to ask if they intended to put an advisory document on PSB which would help us though the minefield of what we can and cannot offer for sale without landing ourselves on hot water. I have received a reply from Chris apologising for the delay in replying to my email which has been due to sickness in the family, and informing me that a he will look into the question of an advisosry document as soon as soon as he is able.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Janet Ralley
Janet Ralley
Posted at 16:25 on 4th June 2012

Hi,

I've put a few photos on Photostock of Britain, which I think is a good idea, but noticed recently that they aren't being approved. I know you must gets lots to go through, but the catagory numbers don't seem to be changing either. Just checking if the site was still active.

Thanks

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:28 on 4th June 2012

Hi Janet. Yes, the POB site is still active, but C&S have had their hands full with POE server changes just lately. I will copy them this post for action.

Thanks...

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 09:13 on 5th June 2012

I must admit I thought that photostockbritain had foundered. I had considered submitting some images myself but I was put off after reading the comments about copyright restrictions for commercial images e.g. not National Trust, not in Royal Parks, not of Police, obtaining Model release etc.

I had some images of street scenes which I thought might have been saleable.  Street scenes seem to be in demand by advertisers, estate agents etc, so they initially seemed a good bet, but they contained recognisable details of people (not surprising).  I don't know how you could get model release for everyone in a street scene, so at this point I gave up. Any suggestions ?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 06:49 on 6th June 2012

Put the cover on the Lens Edward! LOL

Simple answer is I don't know, you do have to be so very careful nowadays.

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 08:09 on 6th June 2012
LOL, Ron....or maybe I should do street photography at 6 am when there are no people around. Knowing my luck, I would be spotted on CCTV and end up being quizzed by the Police !! (suspicious elderly gent with camera).
Martin Lodge
Martin Lodge
Posted at 20:42 on 13th June 2012

I’ve received a couple of emails recently from people interested in buying some of my images. I’ve informed them that they will be available for purchase through Photo Stock Britain. The question is when will they be approved? I’m caught between a rock and a hard place. I want to support POE but don’t want to miss out on potential sales. Any indication as to how long I may have to wait? In the meantime should I holdback on uploading any further images on Photo Stock Britain?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:46 on 13th June 2012
Hi Martin. Thanks for letting us know, I will see that Chris and Sarah get this message.
Martin Lodge
Martin Lodge
Posted at 19:56 on 14th June 2012
All my images on the Photo Stock Britain website have now been approved. A huge thank you to Chris and Sarah
Janet Ralley
Janet Ralley
Posted at 20:28 on 14th June 2012

All mine are approved too. Thanks, I'll have to get loading again.

Did I see early that there would be a link on Poe to buy my photos on photo stock?