Torcross

in the county of Devon

Douglas lighthouse

Douglas

in the county of Isle of Man

Autumn at Colemere near Ellesmere, Shropshire

Colemere

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sell Your Photos! On poe's new sister site!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:57 on 14th June 2012

Hi Janet. I suspect the recent problems that Chris and Sarah have been having re server changes is responsible for any gremlins that remain, such as your pictures link from POE to POB!

Hang on in there, and thanks for your continued support of POE.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
Posted at 16:52 on 16th June 2012

Hi Ron. Having only recently joined PoE & fairly "green" on the finer details of photography as such, I was intrigued to hear about this"sister" site PoB. Now as a complete novice I was wondering if the kind of photographs I have been uploading, with the relatively bottom end of the camera range that I use, would any of these images be good enough for possible consideration if I were to upload a few of mine to this site ? I make no bones that I am only a "novice" & had no intention or even dreamed about selling my photo's ... but if other people might like them & want them ... why not have a go? I guess I feel  a bit of an outsider looking in with people who are far more skilled & experienced than myself .... but we all have to start somewhere ?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:47 on 16th June 2012

Martin it's great that you ask such a question here in the forum, exactly what it's for but you know what you have asked the wrong person, because I actually take very few pictures! I act as one of the Moderators for Chris and Sarah who own the site.

But wait......help is at hand! You will see that POE members will happily answer your questions re quality etc just as soon as they get to read it.

They are a great bunch thats for sure, as you will find out.

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
Posted at 01:19 on 17th June 2012

It would be interesting to know how successful people have been with selling images on PoB.

Some indication of the overall success rate (or otherwise) might encourage  those of us who are yet to dip our toes in the water to give it a go.

I am quite critical of my own efforts. What I do know is that saleable images should at the very least have relevant content, be correctly in focus and be correctly exposed. I think it is unlikely that images obtained directly from the in-camera JPG processing will be as useful as those based on RAW files with software conversion out of the camera to minimally sharpened JPGs. If my assumptions are correct, it is unlikely that images obtained from a basic camera would be very saleable, unless of course the image content is so special that it over-rides technical quality.

Janet Ralley
Janet Ralley
Posted at 12:36 on 17th June 2012

Hi Martin and welcome to the site.

Don't worry about being a novice,I'm only an amateur and althrough I've not sold anything off photostock yet, I've have sold quite afew photos that I've turned into cards, and they were all of JPEG's. You do need to be quite critcal of any photos you are thinking of selling, but give it a go.

Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
Posted at 15:59 on 17th June 2012

Hi Janet & thanks for your post.I have uploaded a few on PoB just to see what if anything happens, as yet they are still to be approved so will have to see if they will be ? As stated earlier, selling any is not really my aim as such, but most of us would be "chuffed" I guess if we did manage the odd one or two? The post by Edward above sort of confirmed what I was thinking, but I'll wait & see. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:12 on 6th February 2013
   Anyone know how the site is doing these days? It seems to be offline at the moment, not sure how long it has been so. Can anyone claim to have made some sales? Needless to say not me.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:16 on 7th February 2013
Hi Vince. I have just emailed C&S for an answer, will get back as soon as I can.
Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
Posted at 15:53 on 29th March 2013
I have tried getting onto Photostock since February to no avail any ideas Ron
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 16:20 on 29th March 2013
  I have not seen it around for sometime either Mike, not seen any reference to it either.