Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

View from top of Rhayader Dam, Powys

Rhayader

in the county of Powys

Nice house in Eye

Eye

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sell Your Photos! On poe's new sister site!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:22 on 29th March 2013

Sorry Guys - Chris and Sarah should have come back to you by now, I will remind them again.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:20 on 29th March 2013

Well I've had a word with Chris and Sarah on your behalf and the bottom line is they simply couldn't afford to keep the site running any longer, despite agonising with it for a long time and trying different angles in an attempt to raise funds.

The burden of keeping POE running is still a major headache and members will know from previous requests for donations that they are not out of the woods, so it was a case of let it go or POE might be dragged under also. They decided to concentrate on POE and request members help by way of donations and 'Gold Star' memberships for what is a really good deal, but it has fallen on deaf ears thus far!

However, the good news is that they have been working on and are still developing a system that will allow members to sell their pictures via POE. It's what they have wanted to do for a long time, but funds have always thwarted their efforts. So as one door closes so to speak...

Needless to say if anybody has got a bundle stashed under the bed that they want to put to good use POE is still in great need. The smallest donations help, they all add up.

That said, allow me to apologise on behalf of Chris and Sarah for not getting back to you sooner and thank you for understanding.

Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
Posted at 21:43 on 29th March 2013
Thanks for that Ron .Thats great news for all  POE members
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 23:20 on 29th March 2013
 Yes, thank you Ron, sorry to hear Photostock did not work out but look forward to any developments in the latest project.