Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Anglican Parish Church at Ripley, Derbyshire.

Ripley

in the county of Derbyshire

St. Mary's Church

Ross-on-Wye

in the county of Herefordshire

Wastwater and the fine mountain scene around Wasdale head.

Wasdale Head

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sell Your Photos! On poe's new sister site!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
Posted at 21:01 on 8th February 2011
Hello MrRon ive upload 22 photos to the new site and its looking good i do hope POE benifit as well and we get some sales there are so many great photos on the new site and a lot i have seen befour, SO HERE IS TO A GOOD LAUNCH!LaughingLaughing
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:05 on 8th February 2011

Well done Shaun, great photos as usual but please do keep adding them so that when the official launch takes place there will be plenty for buyers to look at.

The official launch will be determined by Chris and Sarah but hey, its coming soon, very soon!!

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:43 on 8th February 2011

Question re the uploaded photos, As the photos are for use in whatever manor the purchaser requires, they will need to be of a certain standard obviously so are there any parameters minimum or maximum on file size, number of megapixels,and or any other requirements to be aware of ? Also is there any rules and regs about subject and content of photos?

The site is looking good so far so hope it goes from strength to strength.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:09 on 8th February 2011

Hi Vince, sign up, get access and the answers are already there for you. Have a good look around before you start and feel comfortable with it.

Rules and regs, well yes of course there are but nothing that will bite you! Looking forward to seeing your pictures on the new site as well as POE!

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 02:07 on 9th February 2011

Very cool, idea, Chris and Sarah.  Best of luck with it.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 09:38 on 9th February 2011

Thanks for your kind support everyone. As Ron has pointed out to Vince, the rules and regulations regarding image sizes, file sizes etc are available on the new site. You'll find them on the photographers terms when you go to register, and also there is some info on the actual upload page which you'll see before uploading. We haven't covered subject type, but basically would liek the same sort of images you'll find on poe - historic towns, picturesque villages, attractions, landscapes, nature etc.

I have also responded to your email Vince regarding your other questions.

Thanks again all for your support.

Chris & Sarah

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
Posted at 12:26 on 9th February 2011

Hello,

I have put up an additional 'Submission Guidelines' page in the main left-hand menu of the new site, that might help.

Here's the link: Submission Guidelines (opens in a new window)

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
Posted at 13:57 on 9th February 2011

Here's sme things I won't be submtting images of myself-----

photos taken on any National Trust property; photos taken from a public place/highway that includes NT property seems ok; but not while stood on any of theirs.

Photos taken while on Trafalgar Square, Parliament Square, Royal Parks in London, on London Underground property; all require permits to do so commercially.

Anything related to law enforcement; pictures that include police stations, court buildings, police vehicles, and police officers etc.

Any place I've paid an admission to enter. Basically, if I've gone onto pivate property, I'd be asking what their policy is of taking photos and their usage.  That's my own guidelines for any photos I might submit unless I've aquired permission, releases, or permits to do so.

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 21:17 on 9th February 2011

Looks very Interesting and a good idea, i shall look at it again.

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
Posted at 10:29 on 10th February 2011

Great idea. I'll give it a go and take Paul's advice to be aware of places that ask questions as soon as they see a tripod or someone toting a camera that looks it might be being used by a pro'. I think I can manage to avoid them, despite being a member of the NT and getting a lot of fun seeing the places they own. Lots of pictures out there already of these places anyway, better probably than mine. I have been questioned by security guards and jobsworths in quite a few unexpected places. Seldom argue as it's normally a waste of time and oxygen.  

Best of luck POE.