Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rudyard lake, Staffordshire

Rudyard

in the county of Staffordshire

St Mary church, Walton, Brampton Cumbria

Brampton

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:52 on 30th May 2011

Hi Dave, just thought I would take the opportunity to explain the current situation re POE funding to date, because your post above has suggested perhaps, that all of those members with a gold star by their name have donated a minimum of £15....that is not the case!

Chris and Sarah have given 'Gold Star' premier membership status to all who have agreed to pay £2 monthly on a standing order basis. In other words not all of those with a gold star against their name have donated the full £15 in one payment.

Therefore it would be no good doing the quick calculation 97 members x £15 = £1455 raised thus far, but even if it was correct what a pitiful amount to be raised by over 12,000 members!

So, our sincere thanks to those who have donated showing that they do care about keeping POE alive, and a NUDGE to those who have not yet donated thinking maybe that it can be left to somebody else to do because there are plenty of members. It can't, so please do your bit RIGHT NOW and donate to the best website and forum on the net bar none!

Thank you in anticipation...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 11:03 on 30th May 2011

Morning Ron, thanks for the explanation and I can quite agree with that, if people have made the commitment whichever method they deserve the recognition. Definitely the right decision. Lets just hope that other consciences are pricked to make the right decision. Even if (just!!!) the 6000 odd shown on the list were to contribute.....just think about it ! ! !  I am sure it will be in the game plan somewhere but I do think another 'all members' mailshot would be a good idea. As said before if it keeps the site going I am quite happy to see it my inbox regularly.

You missed a '0' out Dave 6000 odd members, typo corrected and thank you.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:30th May 2011 11:06
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:09 on 30th May 2011
And yes, I believe it wouldn't hurt either, to send out another email to impress upon the members the urgent need for funds in support of POE.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:30th May 2011 13:08
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 17:21 on 23rd June 2011
Can anyone tell me what's going on? No banner on the home page! No second mail shot etc. Has is been decided not to promote Premier membership?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:41 on 23rd June 2011

Sally, the answer to your questions should come from Chris and Sarah (and no doubt they will answer in due course, if not before I get to the end of this explanation) but if they are overloaded with emails to answer, and believe me they get hundreds, it takes it's toll on the work that has to be done to keep POE running, and updated so what do they do first. It's always a dilemma.

The banner has been removed from the front page for the time being whilst work goes on elswhere to put it to better effect, the pictures submit page for example.

The second mail shot that you refer to will still go out, but with so many members it takes an amount of time again. What do they do first to keep everyone happy and the site running?

Premier Membership is now an important part of funding, but equally are the hotel bookings that have to be kept up to date ie if some hotel owner now lets dogs in where they didn't before, the particular hotel info has to be updated....there are thousands of hotels!!

In an ideal world where funds were readily available C&S could employ others to take some of the strain, but funds aren't available, and they don't (apart from some minor adjustments from time to time) employ others to do the work because of.....yes you get it, the cost of the work. Back to square one.

They are doing their best under immense pressure believe me, so hang on in there please.

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 21:01 on 23rd June 2011
Thanks for the reply Ron, at least I have boosted the thread.
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 19:58 on 6th July 2011
Does anyone have any ideas that individual members can use to promote Premier membership while Chris and Sarah are working on the larger issues? It seems a pity that the  promotion  of Premier membership seems to have fallen off and with only 112 members signed up there must be a lot of room for improvement.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:14 on 6th July 2011

It seemed to make a difference when I made suble (I hope) hints on members photo comments - if they didn't have a star (or I sent them an email via the contacts).

I see we have some longer standing members who are adding photos at the moment and wonder if a quick email or nudge in the photo comments would help?

More difficult with new members because they haven't really found their way around much, but perhaps after 3 or 4 months we could also give them a little nudge/hint!

Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 20:23 on 6th July 2011
I agree Cathy.  I have been surprised at a few people recently who are adding photos but not upgrading to Premier membership.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:25 on 6th July 2011
anyway my subs will be in the post to-morrow cant wait for a starLaughing