Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Nettleham

Nettleham

in the county of Lincolnshire

Laxey Wheel from the Snaefell Mountain Railway

Laxey

in the county of Isle of Man

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 09:11 on 8th July 2011
On 7th July 2011 22:23, Ron Brind wrote:

Thanks John for showing that you care about POE and it's survival.

It's a real pity that a few more of the regulars who are still submitting pictures regardless, can't or won't do what really is needed of them.

C'mon slow coaches, your 'Gold Star' awaits you.

You know who you are, but then so do we!

Now surely that's enough to encourage them, isn't it?

I'm not sure it is enough Ron, I thought none Premier members were going to have their number of pics capped. Has this happened yet?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:00 on 8th July 2011

I don't think so yet Sally. It's taking Chris and Sarah all their time to keep up with other more important features (even though you don't see them change) but rest assured THE CAP IS COMING!

It will also need to be done in a way that doesn't harm POE's existing database, so not even that is an easy job.

Onwards and upwards dear members!

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 11:18 on 8th July 2011
I do hope that the few slowcoaches who havn't yet become premier members (despite the subtle hints) will do so soon as it would be a shame to lose the lovely pics that are postedCry
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 13:12 on 8th July 2011
On 8th July 2011 10:00, Ron Brind wrote:

I don't think so yet Sally. It's taking Chris and Sarah all their time to keep up with other more important features (even though you don't see them change) but rest assured THE CAP IS COMING!

It will also need to be done in a way that doesn't harm POE's existing database, so not even that is an easy job.

Onwards and upwards dear members!

I understand completely Ron, but to attract new members, who havent yet bebefitted from the general support and fellowship of POE, to select Premier membership they must be able to see some obvious advantages otherwise why bother. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:31 on 8th July 2011

Like I suggest in the above post Sally there is only so much that Chris and Sarah can get done in a day! On top of the site work they have a family to look after as well, with everything that goes with it.

Make no mistake the cap is coming.

Also, from now on when non premier members add more pictures they will be getting an email from me to 'encourage' them to upgrade, just another job that you don't see, but trust me it is all happening.

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 16:37 on 8th July 2011

Another question, sorry, but if they are not a premier member will the link to Photostock still be under their pics, maybe this could be one of the advantages as  Sally suggested...

We are all so passionate about getting the finance for this site to succeed and I know what a minefield it is to get things up and going, but I am sure each and every member is fully behind you and appreciate the passion  hard work and long hours you are all putting in... and I want to say a big

THANKYOU

I'd be at a loss without all you guys with the friendship and plenty of laughter....

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:42 on 8th July 2011

Thank you Karen but the answer to your question is something for Chris and Sarah to decide. I will certainly see that their attention is drawn to the point that you make.

Thank you sincerely dear friend.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:14 on 8th July 2011

Ron says>>>Also, from now on when non premier members add more pictures they will be getting an email from me to 'encourage' them to upgrade, just another job that you don't see, but trust me it is all happening.

It will be interesting to see just how many members really do want to help POE survive when push comes to shove.

Push has come to shove!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:56 on 8th July 2011
i will find you one johnWink
Janet Ralley
Janet Ralley
quotePosted at 16:32 on 4th June 2012

Hi,

I've just donated my £15 towards this good cause. Wouldn't like to see the site go.

Edited by: Janet Ralley at:4th June 2012 16:33