Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brook Cottage, Kedington, Suffolk

Kedington

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:24 on 22nd May 2011

GOTTA KEEP THIS AT THE TOP.

I've just spent a very enjoyable few hours trawling throught the site looking at images from anywhere and everywhere. And the biggest thing that struck me is.....there's a tremendous amount of talent out there. A lot of bloody good photographers. Over the years I've had many published photos. But they pale into insignificance compared with the last few months where I've taken more pleasure in just the comments of other members. As I said to the wife...It's great being paid, but you only really know how good you are when somebody actually tells you. I don't think there will be anyone on the site who's photographic ego does not swell when they read comments like 'Brilliant photo', 'Great capture', 'Superb, I gotta go there'. I only (regretably) found this fantastic site in December 2010 and became a member end of February 2011 and basically what I want to say to ALL members irrespective of length of memebership is....If this site closes down a lot of people are gonna lose out. If you are a regular contributor, where are you going to showcase your talent???? Where are the compliments that spur you on gonna come from???

PLEASE make a donation, whatever you can afford, at the end of the day it's gonna help you show what you can do.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 00:05 on 23rd May 2011

I'll have to wait until Friday (payday) to make a donation Smile

Thanks Krissy

Edited by: Ron Brind at:23rd May 2011 08:28
Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 12:44 on 23rd May 2011

I have deliberately not logged in for about a week to see how much I would miss POE .... and the simple answer is A LOT!   It is very true that you don't miss something really good until it's no longer there!

So my donation is now winging its way to POE, and I would encourage all who get pleasure from this great site, in whatever way, to DO IT NOW!

I'm looking forward to my Gold Star (I don't think I ever had one for anything else!.) :)

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:09 on 23rd May 2011

Marjorie, what you wrote above actually brought a tear to my eyes! Equally there have been some fantastic posts from the members about the subject of  POE survival.

Call me an old softie if you like, but I am almost overwhelmed as I read the kind words, the love and support that members continually show for Chris and Sarah and this website now that the chips are down.

My only hope is that the target can be met before it's too late. Therefore, I have no hesitation in repeating what Marjorie and other members have stated already, please make a donation and DO IT NOW!

Our thanks to you all dear friends, in anticipation

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 13:21 on 23rd May 2011

Oh! Marjorie.  I am so glad you missed POE - because I was really missing your regular responses on the forums - it is like a friend had vanished!

How much worse is it going to be if POE vanishes?

SmilePLEASE GET YOUR GOLD STAR NOWSmile

DON'T DELAY - ACT TODAY

(ITS THE EASIEST ONE YOU WILL EVER ACHIEVE)

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 14:06 on 23rd May 2011
Ron & Cathyml say DOT IT NOW, and I agree but please please get something attention grabbing on the home page yesterday there must be a lot of members who dont use the forums.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 14:12 on 23rd May 2011
I agree with Sally, but would suggest at the top of every page preferably in BIG RED BLOCK LETTERS. I know it is a bit more work but it might get to more people
Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 16:21 on 23rd May 2011
Just bumping up again.  ....  and I agree with Sally and Dave.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 16:49 on 23rd May 2011

SmilePLEASE GET YOUR GOLD STAR NOWSmile

DON'T DELAY - ACT TODAY

(ITS THE EASIEST ONE YOU WILL EVER ACHIEVE)

Keeping this bumped!
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:12 on 23rd May 2011

Just looked at the Premier Membership list...was 13 this morning and is now showing 26 !! ! !. Be nice if it could double again tomorrow or even just another 13. Slowly but surely it seems to be gathering momentum

Well done to todays 13, much appreciated by all I'm sure

slowly but surely and as my dear old dad once said to me 'never give up on a dream