Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Barrow from Sandscale Hawes in Early January

Barrow in Furness

in the county of Cumbria

Westerdale ford. North Yorkshire Moors.

Westerdale

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 17:13 on 23rd May 2011

POE is a great site, as we all agree. I look at the pictures of places I plan to visit and the results can be very helpful. My hope also is that the sister site, Photo Stock Britain may help in some way to add a little into the POE coffers.

As a photographer it is rewarding to see my pictures included and I gain a lot of pleasure looking at the work of others.

I hope that a year from now we are all still able to log in and enjoy the site and all it has to offer.    

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:50 on 23rd May 2011

And Sally, you'll no doubt notice the suggested (by CathyE) 'blue' banner on the top left of each page?

Thanks Rod and to those who have donated today, although I haven't looked at the record in the past hour or so.....thank you!

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:59 on 23rd May 2011
The Stars at Night are Big and Bright
Deep in the Heart of POEland!!!

Are you one of them yet?  Don't delay, act right away! !

Edited by: Ron Brind at:23rd May 2011 22:06
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:07 on 23rd May 2011

Hi Folks,   This is not a good homecoming!! I guessed things were starting to brew at POE , but I after just a week away I return to a major panic in the forum!! I have got so much from POE and put into POE with photos and joined in with the forum fun and games, now I must earn a gold star as we must all do what we can to turn around this DireStraights we find ourselves in. Come on everyone do your bit for POE !!!

Thanks Vince, and everyone else who has made a donation thus far.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:24th May 2011 07:00
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 08:29 on 24th May 2011

Congratulations to POE on the Blue banner and the Email to members. I have just looked at the Premier members list and am glad to see it starting to grow.

It is almost the end of the month and payday for many so

UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP NOW

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:43 on 24th May 2011

Dear Members,

We really can't thank you all enough for the massive show of support we have had these last few days, whether through donations/subscriptions for the new Premier Membership, through drumming up support via the forum, or simply through your kind words of support. Words can't say how truly grateful we are for your loyalty and help.

Although not out of the woods yet, especially for the long term, we did get a positive and encouraging response to yesterdays email with regards to the two tiered membership system.

We have also received many emails of support and ideas to consider, of which we will endeavour to answer as soon as possible, but please bear with us as we continue to work on ways of securing PoE's immediate future.

Thank you all again for your much valued efforts, it is truly appreciated.

Chris and Sarah

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:42 on 24th May 2011
On 23rd May 2011 18:59, cathyml wrote:
The Stars at Night are Big and Bright
Deep in the Heart of POEland!!!

Are you one of them yet?  Don't delay, act right away! !
A little reminder, if ever it were needed.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:56 on 24th May 2011

Haven't had much time today busy at work and after all my boss does pay me to work for him ! ! ! 26 Premier members last, 73 now I think at last count, so a very big well done and thankyou to all. Looks like the circular mail is beginning to have the desired effect. Not everyone reads e-mails everyday so there is still time for a lot more to follow suit. As Rod said a few posts back post, it's good to see your own photos on the site and it is inspiring to look at others. There is no other site like this to my knowledge. The photo mags all have galleries on their sites but cannot compare with this. Not everyone joins the forums either, which is why the Premier Membership link is good and the headline banner. May be worth sending the circular, or a version of it, again in a few days or a couple of weeks. If it helps to keep the site going I would certainly not mind it appearing in my in box again..

Edited by: Ron Brind at:24th May 2011 21:41
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 07:39 on 25th May 2011

3713 views on this upto now. take a fair chunk off that to account for the ones who have donated, irrespective of amount, as every penny will help Chris and Sarah, plus a lot of us who will have been viewing on a regular basis to keep upto dates so a very arbitrary figure of 2500 - 3000??? still deciding or waiting for payday. So come on guys do the deed, make a donation....you know it makes sense. The site is unique and should NOT be allowed to slip into obscurity. Only we can make it work ! ! !

Just noticed i missed out a very vital word......serious reprimand expected from all ! ! ! 

Edited by: Dave John at:25th May 2011 07:45
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:47 on 25th May 2011

I don't get involved with POE finances and/or the donations Dave but I can tell you and the members that the figure to date is nowhere near that, which is a bit surprising and which makes every additional donation really important, no matter how small.

I am sure that Chris and Sarah will keep members updated eg; when the immediate crisis is over and how we protect POE for the future, but in the meantime, thanks to all you wonderful people for trying to keep POE alive.