Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

High Tide at Selsey November 2005

Selsey

a Seaside Town in the county of West Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:56 on 25th May 2011

I just read your post again Dave and thought you were saying £2k to £3k should have been raised by now, but not so.

In fact I see you mean that some two or three thousand people could still donate to help. It would make a huge difference if they did.

You also need to take into account those who have signed up to donate on a monthly basis. That will be £2 in the first month, rather than the suggested £15 at this stage, although it will of course benefit POE greatly by the end of the year.

Again, thank you dear friends for your support of this great website and forum

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:10 on 25th May 2011

Sorry Ron maybe it was a bit misleading. Potential donators could be in that region depending on how many views you deduct to allow the likes of you, me and presumably a lot more who keep looking in for updates, Monthly or lumpsum, it all helps. Premier membership almost trebled yesterday, let's just hope the momentum keeps going. Look forward to more updates through the day

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:55 on 25th May 2011

I have just had a look at some comparative costing in the UK - sort of balancing value for money!

I was amazed to see that if I was in England and we went and bought 2 packets of fish & chips and 2 cups of tea we would have spent the same as a POE premier membership.

So for the cost of one lunch for 2 people quickly eaten and forgotten POE is offering:

1. 365 days of unforgettable caring and compassionate friends,

2.  fun and discussions on the forums every hour of every day

3.  access to some of the most beautiful pictures of England anywhere on the internet,

4.  Information about any County/Town/Village and places of interest in England (& Scotland, Wales & Ireland & Channel Islands too)

5.  Plan a visit to England & book accommodation at a lower cost directly on POE

6.  Learn about the History of England, read articles of interest, learn about Events happening in and around England.

7.  Upload my own pictures of England and benefit from the comments and assistance of other photographers.

8.  Get amazing assistance on English (and ex-pat) family research and genealogy from knowledgeable members.

Do I need to go on?????

I can get the fish & chips next month -

but this month I'd rather pay for a year of what POE offers me 24/7 & 365 days of the year               -               wouldn't you?

Edited by: cathyml at:25th May 2011 17:57
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:35 on 25th May 2011

When put like that it gets through just what this site is about. I joined 3 months ago primarily for the photos....posting mine.....admiring others......realising my photos are quite good (certainly better than i ever thought) by the comments that are returned. Over the last week or so I have realised that it is much more than just photos.

I too can leave the fish and chips for a month or two 

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 14:18 on 25th May 2011

Ron,

Did you get my e-mail?  I sent it through the site.  Had a question about Paypal.  Didn't want to bother Chris & Sarah.  Contact me at uktours4u@gmail.com.

Thanks.......Cheri

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:42 on 25th May 2011
Yes Cheri thanks, will get back to you shortly
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:37 on 25th May 2011

For members (or anybody else) who may wish to make a donation to Pictures Of England.com Ltd (POE) without using PayPal the answer is 'Telegraphic Transfer'.

The very simple procedure is as follows:

1). Go to your bank and instruct them to pay 'X' number of 'your currency' eg: US Dollars to Pictures Of England.com Ltd via Telegraphic Transfer.

2). The bank will ask for an IBAN number, Sort Code, Account Number, Branch Name and Address which I will have already provided to you in an email, via the secure 'Contact' facility in your POE Profile.

For non-members, who prefer not to register with POE but would still like to contribute to the future of the website, please contact me at Ron @ picturesofengland.com and I will send you the relevant details.

3). Your bank will confirm whatever the amount you wish to send and POE will receive that amount, because you will pay the charges at your bank, so you will know exactly what the final cost will be.

So for example, lets say you wish to donate $25, $50, $100 etc to Pictures Of England.com Ltd. Your bank will do the conversion for you immediately and will add any charges.

Pictures Of England.com Ltd (POE) will receive the current exchange rate equivalent to the donation that you have made in your currency, and very soon after receipt, you will receive a sincere thank you from POE.

Cheri and Krissy, I will email you with the POE details as requested shortly, but would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to you both on behalf of Chris and Sarah for helping to keep this great website and forum alive!

I forgot to add that Cheque's cost silly amounts of money (greedy bankers) to convert to GB Pounds so please consider the Telegraphic Transfer

Edited by: Ron Brind at:25th May 2011 17:29
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 21:18 on 25th May 2011

When I looked at the Premier members list this morning I was pleased to see an increase, but come on folks there must be a lot more of you out there who can make a small contribution, after all POE gives so much pleasure to us all.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:38 on 25th May 2011

I've wanted to say that also Sally but kept my thoughts to myself, until now.

Eighty 'Star' Members and POE has over 10,000 members?

More money than the suggested donation of £15 would be spent on feeding the cat or the dog over a week! It makes you wonder...

However, lets not forget the faithful few who are doing their bit for England.........Pictures Of England.

Thank you dear friends.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:41 on 25th May 2011
That is a rather disappointing percentage at the moment, but we are heading for the end of the month so I am sure a lot more members will be in a position to assist in keeping POE up and running.