Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Croyde Cottage

Croyde

a Picturesque Village in the county of Devon

Crescent Gardens, Harrogate. 2005

Harrogate

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Image Upload Cap Raised to 8MB

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 17:37 on 20th January 2014

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that today we have raised the image upload cap from 5MB to 8MB. We'll hopefully raise it further in the coming weeks.

Chris & Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:46 on 20th January 2014
Thanks Chris & Sarah. That's very good news, saves a bit of re sizing time Smile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:16 on 20th January 2014
Yes good news on the quality front if you want to sell. Presumably the POE mechanisn for shrinking the images for web use will still care of themselves and create small files to view keeping the large file for sale purposes. The larger the iimage file theoretically the better the image quality, although that does work converesly as well, a large file of a poor image will just show up the imperfections more. So make sure your sensors are clean and there is no dust on the lens. Also use a lens hood wherever possible .. they do make a difference ...that is why lens manufacturers make them!!
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 19:04 on 23rd January 2014

As most of my images already submitted hover around the 3MB does this really mean they arn't really up to it anyway from a selling point of view ? I uploaded a couple today but as they are cropped they only come out at about 2MB .. so didn't bother putting them for sale. Now the limit has been increased to 8MB .. I will set my camera to fine from now on & they should come out between 6-7MB. Still learning ! 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:37 on 23rd January 2014
Not at all Martin, a good 'small' image will sell over a 'mediocre' large image 9 times out of ten. I asked a similar question of Chris and Sarah over the weekend and they told that previously many images around the 2-3mb sold very well. As I indicted above theoretically a large image should mean better quality,  but not always. But at the end of the day if you have what the buyer is looking for you are in with a good chance.Big isnt always better, I feel it would depend on what use the buyer is looking to put the image. If they are looking to make a small brochure of some sort then the smaller image is ideal, if they simply like a picture and want to frame it for hanging on their wall then a larger one would be preferential.
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 19:49 on 23rd January 2014
Oh .. ok .. thanks for that info Dave .. much appreciated
 Please login to post to this thread...