Cleveleys

in the county of Lancashire

The Beach at East Runton, Norfolk, in late September

East Runton

in the county of Norfolk

In the Botanic Gardens

Ventnor

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Slight change to main picture tours

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:27 on 17th December 2014

Hi guys,

The main change is that the images are now slightly larger by default. Please let us know what you think about the new size and if you encounter any problems.

You can still access an even larger version if you need, by clicking the image, but you'll now need to be a Premier member in order to do so.

Another change is that the images on the main pic tours are no longer a fixed width, so they should scale better on smaller devices. We will make them fully responsive eventually, meaning a smaller image will get served for smaller devices, as currently they just scale down but it should be a little bit better than before.

Site on a galaxy tablet 600x1024 - Click here 

We have also enlarged the slideshows temporarily, but they do not scale well at the moment so may be too large for those of you who use poe regularly on smaller screens.  We will try and add some controls over the coming weeks.

Over the next few days we will update the login so you can log in from any page, and remain on that page. We will also get the EXIF data back soon as well and a few other things that have been mentioned.

As always, thanks for your great support,

Chris & Sar 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:50 on 17th December 2014

Hi

I've had a good look round the site both on the iPad and iPhone. Everything is looking just fine. The only problem I am encountering is on the phone, the drop down menus for "Latest" and "Explore" seem to have stopped working, they were fine a couple of days ago. Login, Upload and Home are just fine.

Other than that, the changes look better on the smaller screen, everything is a lot clearer and less muddled.

Well done Smile  It's much appreciated.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:37 on 17th December 2014
Gotta say I like the new look too. A much cleaner feel to the pages. Look forward to whatever is to come. Keep up the good work guys. You know we all appreciated your efforts
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 09:35 on 20th December 2014

Unfortunately we've had to revert back to the old 3 column layout for now. The Google adsense took a huge hit in performance with the new 2 column layout, and every penny counts for the site at the moment, so we've reverted back.

Back to the drawing board perhaps after Christmas sometime though we will continue to improve things over the holidays such as the login and mobile access etc.

All the best, Chris & Sar 

Please login to post to this thread...