'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Strathblane from the Gowk Stane

Strathblane

in the county of Stirlingshire

April Garden Tea Room hearth, 16th century building, Mayfield, East Sussex.

Mayfield

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hi i,m jeff chapman

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 16:49 on 11th March 2008
Hi Ron,they are a two section crook the head is hand carved from a block of wood,and then they are fixed onto the shank by a metal dowel,all have a rubber ferrule fitted at the base to prevent slipping and i weather seal the whole crook to give a good long life,i normally make them 53 inches long and then shorten them if required ( a rough guide to a sticks length is to come to about elbow hieght) then it,s good for leaning on , a crook really is a very good safety item to take on any walk acting as a third leg when getting over stiles or going up or down hills
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 18:15 on 11th March 2008
As a footnote to ron,s last post although i do have the stickman on my workshop i don,t use that name because  a well respected stickmaker in Helmsley who supplies all stickmaking materials has a business called the stickman, so i am known among stickmakers as( The walking man )
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:59 on 11th March 2008
Hi Jeff, welcome to the site. Thanks for the photo's and the info. Keep them coming.
 Please login to post to this thread...