Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St David's Cathedral

Pembroke

in the county of Pembrokeshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello, I'm Jen from Melbourne

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 18:27 on 11th February 2008

Hello, I'm Jen from Melbourne, Australia. I'm a self-confessed anglophile and England is my spiritual home....haha. Yeah I'm a weirdo Aussie Tongue out This site with it's many wonderful photos has sustained me through the past few years and stopped me going completely bonkers. I've been coming here regularly and only today figured out there was a forum Embarassed 

However I will finally have the chance to add some of my own photos later in the year....I get to spend a whole 2 months in heaven Smile 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:30 on 12th February 2008

Welcome Jen

The Forum is a comparatively new addition to the site, but an addition that is obviously appreciated by the members. Two mention 2 months in Heaven, you must be coming to Oxford! So come on poe members what is your idea of Heaven in England? Bet you can't beat Oxford!!!!

Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 14:41 on 12th February 2008
Hi Jen welcome to this great site . i have relatives living outside melbourne in a town named frankston .ron said you cant beat oxford but i would say you must visit York or the lake district .hope you have a grat time her all the best brian
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:44 on 12th February 2008

I'm Oxford born and bred Smile. You can't beat the beauty of Oxford City, it's university spread out over the whole town. I'm always in awe when I come back to visit (I live abroad now) as it has something for everyone.

Below is a picture I took two years ago, see the beauty of Magdalen College (My grandfather worked the spires on top of the tower  at the turn of the last centurySmile) and the breathtaking flowers in Addison's Walk which is part of the grounds of the college.

If you are a reader, Oxford is (was) the home of both Professor Tolkien and CS Lewis to name a few, both homes and graves can be found outside the city (my mum & dad were married at Quarry church where CS Lewis is buried Smile)

Yes Oxford, it's a must visit on your list.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:54 on 12th February 2008
Magdalen College, Oxford
Picture by Sue Herrera

Must remember to delete and re-type that last digit, silly me Embarassed
Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 17:10 on 12th February 2008

Thank you for your welcome Smile 

I'm sorry to say that Oxford wasn't on my agenda....Chester, New Alresford, Leicester, Winchester, Ludlow, Woodbridge all are though...and a few other rural places that I can't think of at present 'cos it's 4:00 am here and I need to get back to bed Smile

L
L
quotePosted at 19:17 on 24th February 2008

Hi Jen from Melbourne

Come and visit Bedfordshire on your way to Woodbridge lol I hope we dont let you down with our weather, please bring some sunshine over with you! Wink

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 14:33 on 23rd March 2008
Smile Well after all that 2 months is reduced to 5 weeks Cry But I get to spend time on English soil so I shan't complain! I'll see Chester, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Hitchin, Salisbury, Winchester, Alresford, Tunbridge Wells, Canterbury & London plus all the places inbetween and around these Smile I'm one very happy girl Smile
Roland Flower
Roland Flower
quotePosted at 15:15 on 23rd March 2008

Hello Jen,

I`m a new member to this site,so wellcome, but next time you manage a visit to the old country go to the Peak District in Derbyshire it is wonderfull and its the smallest National Park so it is easy to get around

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 17:41 on 23rd March 2008
Hi Jen, welcome. I was born in Wales, so you know where I would say to visit. There are so many beautifull counties here, that 5 weeks is definately not enough time. I have lived here all my life and still not seen everywhere. Wherever you go, enjoy. And please post photo's of your trip. Good luck.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >