Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Abbs Head

St Abbs

in the county of Borders

Wooler United Reform Church

Wooler

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Kelly from Bon Accord

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Kelly Fresh
Kelly Fresh
quotePosted at 01:57 on 20th March 2008
 Hi, I`m new to this site, my name is Kelly. I live in Bon Accord, Alberta, Canada- just outside of Edmonton. I accidently and am thrilled to find this website as I was trying to find photo`s of the english countryside. Last June (2007) my husband and I went to England and Scotland on our 20th wedding anniversary-it`s always been a dream of mine to visit England. I thought I would enjoy it, but instead I`m madly in love with this country if it`s possible. I think about my trip everyday-the friendly people, the history, the food and the landscapes- I love it all. I`m planning another trip next year and taking my mother (as my mother`s family is english and scottish). I can`t wait to show her Westminster Abbey, the town of Grasmere and the Shambles in York. And there`s so much more to see this time. I have to say there are some amazing photographer`s on this website extremely talented. Your photo`s just make me want to jump on the nearest flight to London!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:53 on 20th March 2008

Hi Kelly, glad you found us. Welcome to the site. Yes there are some great photographers on here, and some fantastic photo's too. This is a beautifull country and, sad to say, I have not yet seen it all. Now that I have left work, I am hopeing that I wiill see more. So in a way I am like you, new here, although I was born here almost 63 years ago. Dont forget to post photo's of your visit.

He he he, I beat Ron and Sue with the welcome. Thats a first for me.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:55 on 20th March 2008
Oops, I meant Ron and Lyn. Sorry Sue.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:07 on 20th March 2008

Well I hate to tell you this Peter, but this was the duplicate post, and I, yes I, all the way in Nevada, USA, got to welcome Kelly first  .

Actually answering the post first was easy, as Kelly is in the same time zone, or at least only an hour different than me, and all you folks in England would have been safely tucked up in bed when she posted.

Roland Flower
Roland Flower
quotePosted at 14:44 on 20th March 2008

Well let me be hopefully not the last to welcome you to POE. I have only recently found this site myself but allready I feel at home.

Kelly, when you come to England again please try and visit the Peak District Derbyshire it`s a beautifull and  small National Park which makes all the sites easily available. Welcome aboard Kelly.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:37 on 20th March 2008
Will I ever live this one down? Peter got in first, or nearly! Welcome to a great site Kelly or have I said that before because without looking I think it may be on another thread, I just remember cool names like Kelly? So that Peter might have to start backtracking yet! 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:46 on 20th March 2008

Yes I thought so! Take a look at http://www.picturesofengland.com/forum/User_Introductions/1247 and it was Sue H first, Ron second, so 'Peter the Wales' na, na,na,na,na!

But thats spooky POE? Two different threads started? Hey up I can hear Peter walking back to his pc. He's even got a smile on his face so does that mean he has had lessons in Welsh? Will he get tongue tied that the question? Thinks....pity he didn't!

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 17:48 on 20th March 2008
Foiled again. Huh!!!!!
L
L
quotePosted at 20:43 on 20th March 2008
Oh Kelly, sorry i'm late with this but welcome (4th this time but I will get in first again one day!)

quote | editPosted at 20:47 on 20th March 2008
Welcome to POE Kelly...that's how I found this site, looking for pictures of England, and I live here!Smile