Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello! Catherine England Schleunes here from Baltimore, Maryland, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 13:06 on 23rd August 2008

Wolf,  Nothing there to be surprised at. Sounds like you have a nice family. My daughter is only 16 and never wants to marry or have kids. I am sure as she gets older will change her mind. Are you still married? I bet your wife is quite lovely as she has a good man?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Cor Faber
Cor Faber
quotePosted at 16:25 on 24th August 2008

Hi Catherine,

Yet another one from the good old USofA. Seems to me people from over there are still interested in things going on in good old England.

Anyway, welcome (from Holland) and I hope you will enjoy yourself.

Cor

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 17:18 on 24th August 2008

Thanks Cor. I have had a fascination with England since I was a little girl. Esp. with having England as a surname. My great uncle was a genealogist and traced the family back to 1600's. There is a book entitled, "Joseph England and his Descendants" in the federal library in Washington, DC. Then there is my great grandfather who built the British Embassey in DC. He was from littleborough, Rochdale, Lancashire.

So much history. I would love to hear some of your guitar playing.

Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 01:14 on 25th August 2008
Cathy I am still married,  and my wife is a lovely person. Who else would put up with me for so long ? Her name is Michele. Meeting her after my first wife left, was the best thing in my life.
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 01:18 on 25th August 2008
BTW, Cathy , when I was an apprentice painter in England, (Wirral, which was then in Cheshire) I painted a house for an ex-millitary man, a Captain or Colonel England.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 01:37 on 25th August 2008

I am so happy for you Wolf, that you found someone to make you happy. Wish I could say the same. This is my second marriage and I am way from happy. Actually quite lonely. The first was abusive physically and mentally. This one is about the same. I just don't have any way out at the moment. I have to think of Elsie first.

That is so cool about Capt. or Col. England. I will have to look in the book and see if there was anyone with that title. I hope he was nice to you. 

Roland Flower
Roland Flower
quotePosted at 15:08 on 27th August 2008
Welcome to the site Cathy, Thanks for your coment and I Look forward to seeing some of your pictures when they are posted. Its a great site full of some  wonderfull pictures of England which I hope you will enjoy.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:17 on 27th August 2008
On 25th August 2008 01:37, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:

I am so happy for you Wolf, that you found someone to make you happy. Wish I could say the same. This is my second marriage and I am way from happy. Actually quite lonely. The first was abusive physically and mentally. This one is about the same. I just don't have any way out at the moment. I have to think of Elsie first.

That is so cool about Capt. or Col. England. I will have to look in the book and see if there was anyone with that title. I hope he was nice to you. 

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about your situation.  Thank goodness you have POE. I hope you find the friendship and loving support you need here. Keep your chin up sweetheart! Kiss
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 15:25 on 27th August 2008
Welcome to POE Catherine.  I've found the site to be a total madhouse, which is probably why I fitted in so easily (lol).  Hope your situation improves, and needless to say, any time when you feel tht you need a friend, there's a whole site full of good people here for you.  And the natives are friendly.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:32 on 27th August 2008
On 27th August 2008 15:17, Diana Sinclair wrote:
On 25th August 2008 01:37, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about your situation.  Thank goodness you have POE. I hope you find the friendship and loving support you need here. Keep your chin up sweetheart! Kiss

Diana said it perfectly!!  We've got your back here! 

I know how you feel too...feeling lonely...and I thank my lucky stars everyday for the people here on POE! 

Kiss