Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lancaster Market Street and Museum

Lancaster

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Where can we retire to.?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Lottie Davenport
Lottie Davenport
quotePosted at 23:18 on 12th March 2011

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your input, Yes we love the Yorkshire area but not been to Whitby, maybe we should go...Dorset seems to have my head and a piece of my heart, but Yorkshire has a piece of my heart too, but of course the head has to take precedence over the heart I'm afraid when making such a huge decision. We dont want to live in a tourist area but 20-30 miles from the coast would be good. We have been to the USA too Ruth, but of course like most people only seen Disney.....NOW....Theres a wonderful place to live lolol xxx

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 18:43 on 15th March 2011

Well, you're one up on me, Lottie.  I've never been to Florida, but I've been to Disneyland in California.

It's really a shame that when people visit other countries they only get to see the tourist hotspots.  We ate in a Chinese restaurant in Asbourne, Couny Meath, Ireland and our waiter was from Malaysia.  He asked where in the states we were from and we said Arizona.  He couldn't quite place it so we said, "where the Grand Canyon is."  He replied, "Ah, Las Vegas!"  lol  

That's what I love about the British Isles.  If you're not intimidated by the driving, you can get off the beaten tourist path with no language barrier to deter you from seeing great places and meeting lovely people.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...