Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Watendlath

Watendlath

in the county of Cumbria

The Broads, Wroxham, Norfolk

Wroxham

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Greetings from Oregon.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:28 on 6th October 2011

Hello Diana. We'll have to call you Diana L, as we have another member who posts called Diana Sinclare. 

I also moved from England to the USA, and get terribly homesick. I am just south of you in Nevada.

Where abouts in Oregon are you (you don't need to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable to post such information online)?

I have a freind in Hillsboro and visit her often. I love it up there.

Anyway, welcome to POE. The best pictures of England are here for sure.  

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Leclair
Diana Leclair
quotePosted at 02:20 on 6th October 2011

Hi Sue. Thank you for the welcome. I live in Roseburg but funnily enough we lived in Elko Nevada back in the eighties for about three years. I was glad to get back to Oregon and the trees again.

I agree with you, the best pictures of  our dear old England are on POE.

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 07:27 on 6th October 2011
Hi, Diana, and welcome to POE from me as well.  I'm on the other side of the country from you in PA.  Cute little guy (girl?) with you in your avatar. Enjoy your time on POE. The pictures and the people are great.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:51 on 6th October 2011

It's Diana Sinclair....Diana Leclair so pretty confusing eh?

Like Sue says DianaS and DianaL but it works because we have a CathyE andCathyML...

Nevermind, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, enjoy the best site on the net bar none!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 11:43 on 6th October 2011
isn't our shirley from oregon??Smile
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:36 on 8th October 2011

Yes, she is, James.

Hi Diana:  Nice to meet you.  Do keep coming around.  Especially if you get homesick.  As Ron said above, it's the best site on the www, especially if you're an Anglophile or ex-pat.  Great people and every photo a feast for the eyes.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:43 on 10th October 2011
Yes, I am from easstide Portland, Oregon, but my brother's in-laws live down near your area somewhat Diana....do go to the forums so we can talk.....easier over there...... Welcome!!
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 22:49 on 10th October 2011

Eastside...(between Gresham and Sandy)...you look an lot like my "ex" sister in-law named Cathy...I just noticed that.... been seeing her two little grand daughterrs here as of late, I should say you look like I remember her looking, not as she probably does by now. Last I heard she's running an huge resort motel somewhere in Washington State... I think I was told.... Or an "chef" in one of them. Think the latter. At any rate her parents were from your general area.

Diana Leclair
Diana Leclair
quotePosted at 23:40 on 11th October 2011
Hi SK.....It certainly is a small world, and thank you for the welcome. I do love Oregon and would not want to live in any other state, we have everything here, I especially love our coast line. I miss England and it's so nice to see all the beautiful pictures on POE. And the people are so friendly and nice, made me feel very welcome.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:11 on 12th October 2011
Cannon Beach! How I love that place. I love the Oregon coast, and spent a wonderful week travelling with a friend last year. 
 Please login to post to this thread...