Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello to all

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andy Barker
Andy Barker
quotePosted at 18:33 on 8th November 2011

Thought it was about time I shared my collection of pictures and what better site to share them on,it will take me an age to view all yours but what I have seen so far are truly superb. I got into photography back in 1988 ( I was 22yrs old ) and my first decent slr was a Minolta X300 and all the relavent kit to go with it. My best 35mm camera was a new Canon EOS 5 with which I managed to get into a bit of freelance work with whilst I was in my engineering job,weddings and the like,I even managed to do some work for a magazine called Best of British ( mainly vintage toy model stuff ).

I work from home now as a electrical service engineer but would still love to take pictures for a living,although competition makes it hard + the cost of the high end equipment needed to do so but I believe a good shot can be taken from lesser cameras and still have the wow factor! I only have a fuji finepix 4meg bridge camera and have loads of fun with it ( it is pushed to the limit though lol ). I live in the village of Little Bytham Lincolnshire and now aged 45 I still have much to learn about picture taking.

Regards to you all

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:35 on 8th November 2011
A very warm welcome to POE Andy!   I look forward to seeing your photos on POE, and do join in the fun and laughter in the forums whenever you would like some company!!
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:38 on 8th November 2011
welcome andy --hope you soon settle in.
Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
quotePosted at 21:01 on 8th November 2011
a big hello
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:06 on 8th November 2011
Hi Andy and welcome to this great family we call POE. Look forward to seeing your photos, it is a really good way to show off what you can do. You will find us a very jolly crowd, with a character or thrown in for good measure. We enjoy a lively banter most nights in the forums, so join in if you ahve the time, you'll soon get used to us. See you around and enjoy the thousands of great pictures on the site.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:02 on 8th November 2011
 Greetings Andy and Welcome. Here on POE you should feel right at home, you clearly enjoy your photography and now you can share it with us all. Do join in the forums as well, plenty to do on POE.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 03:23 on 9th November 2011

Hello Andy!

Glad you have found us here at POE, and look forward to seeing all of your pictures.

Keep on taking more pictures, and follow your dream to become a professional photographer.

Also, be sure and join us here on the forums. We have a little fun, sometimes we get serious too.  

Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 07:48 on 9th November 2011

Welcome to POE Andy, look forward to seeing your pictures from "sunny" Lincolnshire and around.

It's not the equipment (although that helps), it's the eye for a picture and the ability to bring that picture to your camera, be it point-and-shoot or top end DSLR. If you can see a picture then you can use anything!

Andy

Andy Barker
Andy Barker
quotePosted at 08:30 on 9th November 2011
On 9th November 2011 07:48, Andrew Marks wrote:

Welcome to POE Andy, look forward to seeing your pictures from "sunny" Lincolnshire and around.

It's not the equipment (although that helps), it's the eye for a picture and the ability to bring that picture to your camera, be it point-and-shoot or top end DSLR. If you can see a picture then you can use anything!

Andy

Totally agree Andy,there are many pictures around us all day long but you have to be able to see what others do not in a random scene..
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:37 on 9th November 2011
Welcome to POE Andrew, from Anna and Ron.