Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Penshaw Monument, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear

Penshaw

in the county of Tyne & Wear

Low Tide

Holy Island

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from Melbourne, Australia

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sophia Karas
Sophia Karas
quotePosted at 02:02 on 26th February 2012

Wow ... what a find.  Hello everyone, my name is Sophia and I live in Melbourne, Australia.  I have just discovered this site and what a find it is... an absolute treasure trove of information.  I will be travelling overseas this year and plan to spend a lot of my time in England.  As a matter of fact, I plan to spend about 6-7 weeks in England and much of that will be doing guided walking holidays.  For a long time now, I have wanted visit the English countryside and spend as much time taking in the amazing scenery and exploring the beautiful towns and villages and all that they have to offer.  In addition, in between walking tours, I hope to spend some time in Cheltenham and Bath and visiting local sites and attractions from these bases.  Here in Australia, we get some great shows on Pay TV from the UK and anything that shows off the English countryside, I am absolutely addicted to - my favourites being Escape to the Country and of course anything with Phil and Kirstie in it.  I'm not sure how popular these shows are in England, but they certainly have quite an audience here in Australia.

Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself and hope to pop in an out to read more of this wonderful website and of course, use the great resources it offers to plan and make the very best use of my time in England.  

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:41 on 26th February 2012

Hi Sophia and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron.

Yes, you really have found the best website and forum on the net bar none. I act as moderator for POE and can tell you that I spend many hours making sure it stays 'family friendly'.

Apart from that we have a great bunch of members who submit the very best photographs of our beautiful land.

Enjoy it all, and save yourself £££'s by booking your UK accommodation online through POE (It helps to keep the site running also) starting at the following link: http://www.picturesofengland.com/accommodation/ and if that doesn't do it for you, click on the green box top left of the page for many more options.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:35 on 26th February 2012
welcome sophia--hope you enjoy the site ,dont be afraid to join us all in the forumsSmile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:35 on 26th February 2012
Hi Sophia and welcomr to the party. Plenty of great photos on the site to give you ideas of where to go when you visit. You'll find agreat bunch of folk here so please feel free to join in the forums where you can find almost anything to do with England and also have a laff and good banter.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:00 on 26th February 2012
 Greetings Sophia and welcome to POE, indeed a lucky find. There is a wealth of information , many many superb pictures and a real freindly bunch of folk here in the forums, do join in and get a taste for England.
Andrew Marks
Andrew Marks
quotePosted at 19:09 on 27th February 2012

Welcome Sophia, I hope you enjoy visiting the sitee and enjoy the many marvelous pictures, along with the sometimes lively banter! Make sure you get to Kent when you visit, some fantastic walks and sites down here!

Andy

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 10:45 on 29th February 2012
A warm welcome to POE Sophia.  You will indeed find everything you need to know on this site, and the members are always very good at answering any questions you may have.  Glad to welcome you aboard and enjoy everything POE has to offer!
CassPremier Member - Click for more info
Cass
quotePosted at 15:14 on 4th March 2012
Welcome Sophia !
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:16 on 4th March 2012
afternoon cass                   nice to see you on site.Smile
Sophia Karas
Sophia Karas
quotePosted at 09:51 on 5th March 2012

Many thanks to everyone for your warm welcome ... For newbies like myself, it's fantastic and very comforting to know there are so many of you willing to share your love and knowledge of all things England with others around the world.  I'll be sure to post questions as I begin my detailed planning for my trip later on this year.  I am so looking forward to this trip and I'm sure I'll pick up many many great tips on this site for things to see and places to visit.