Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Flamingo Park, Seaview, Isle of Wight

Seaview

in the county of Isle of Wight

No.1 City Square, Leeds

Leeds

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New Member from Florida

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Chris Gregory
Chris Gregory
quotePosted at 21:52 on 2nd May 2012
Thanks Vince. I shall try and keep up ! I first enjoyed clotted cream at the David Austin Rose Gardens tea shop. It was life changing ! all the best !
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Chris Gregory
Chris Gregory
quotePosted at 15:45 on 7th May 2012
Hi John - looks like I'll have to prepare a journey across the pond just to have a clotted cream tasting comparison - suggestions for locations anyone ? Does the type of grass or breed of bovine make a difference in the final product ??
Perhaps a book deal and film could come of this.
I could be so okay with that. :0D
Thanks for stopping by - outstanding images, BTW.
Chris Gregory
Chris Gregory
quotePosted at 16:48 on 7th May 2012
Lol ! Happy cows - great clotted cream. Raise a glass to your local dairyman today. I wish I were in the UK right now. Swelter weather is here in Fla. 92 F predicted today. I am jealous of my 'snow bird' neighbors who sensibly leave the sunshine state at this time and live in the northern climes until Sept./October, when they come back to enjoy the holidays in 70 - 80 F weather.
Still, mustn't grumble. LIFE IS GOOD !! have a great day John.
Chris Gregory
Chris Gregory
quotePosted at 14:32 on 18th May 2012
Hello friends, I must apologize for not posting pictures yet. Last night I was reviewing all of my photos from the UK, and there are dozens and dozens - with so many happy memories. The catch is, yours truly is not technically adroit and is finding her way to posting some of these photos here. Will work diligently on this task, and have a great weekend ! Sincerely, Chris
Chris Gregory
Chris Gregory
quotePosted at 16:16 on 18th May 2012
Oh I am almost too embarrassed to even say 'thank you' - I think I knew how to do this several years ago - but am now intimidated by the 'new file, name this, put it where ??' type of choices - questions. However - I shall perservere and not let the chicken heart in me have the last cluck !

Thanks for the cheering on, John :0)
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:55 on 18th May 2012
Lol! Chris - I just love the line "let the chicken heart in me have the last cluck!" I must remember that one!Smile
Chris Gregory
Chris Gregory
quotePosted at 19:58 on 18th May 2012
Hi Cathy - So glad you enjoyed that ! I find my sense of humor is sharpened by fear of the unknown. There is much i don't know, so I have lots of opportunities !! (:0D
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:46 on 27th May 2012

Hello Chris, from a fellow Gregory.  I'm in Arizona.  Hope you're still around.  I'm like you, a confirmed anglophile and would be ready to take the pond jump at a moment's notice.

Keep coming around - lovely bunch of people here.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 23:15 on 27th May 2012

Hi John!  I find the same in all the Brits I've met (a few of them  from this forum actually) when we were last over there in 2009.  We're long overdue for another visit.

Thanks for the kind words, John.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:27 on 28th May 2012

Welcome Chris...have visited the sunshine state four times...from clear across the country...Oregon..USA.  Only four times but about an month or so coming and going. I am an genealogist and am always looking people up enroute. Though my sister's best freind finsished off her nursing degree in St. Petersburg many years ago...then moved back here again. Look forward to seeing your pictures.