Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Muncaster Castle, Cumbria

Ravenglass

a Seaside Town in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

MIKE FROM THURMASTON

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
quotePosted at 20:55 on 5th November 2012
My name is Mike Freeman,i'm 71 years young.I was born in Thurmaston in 1941leaving there in 1964 after many moves due to work i moved to Portsmouth in 1990. Whilst there i was asked to do some photography for Colin Garratt the well known railway photographer.I joined Colins company in 1992 as his national sales executive as well as doing some railway photography. My two main hobbies are railways and photography. After a burglary in 2002 in which all my film cameras where stolen i decided to go digital. I now use a Panasonic DMC-FZ28.I consider this to be an excellent camera for most of the photography i now do. With my faithful freind MILO the golden retreiver i love to go for walks in country parks,where you can find many photographic opportunities. 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:01 on 5th November 2012
Welcome to the site Mike hope you come to enjoy it --plenty topics for you to go at ---any problems dont be afraid to ask   once again welcome
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:04 on 5th November 2012
Hi Mike and welcome to the site. You'll find a friendly bunch here. You have already put some really good pics up for viewing, look forward to more, certainly the trains, they are spot on,  which is no surprise now I know the Colin Garratt connection......remember that name very well. If you get the time join in the forums where anything goes, serious, comical, topical. We tend to enjoy a bit of jolly banter now and again and new input is always more than welcom
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:19 on 5th November 2012

I've already seen some of your wonderful shots uploaded to POE, they are a wonderful addition to the pool.

A very warm welcome to POE Mike! 

Edited by: cathyml at:5th November 2012 21:20
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:08 on 5th November 2012
  Greetings Mike and welcome to POE, just had a look at your pics to date and there are a lot of brilliant shots there and of varying subjects. I hope you join in and enjoy the site, there is a lot to see here apart from the vast amount of wonderful pics, loads of info tucked away as well and of course the " Family POE" , do join in the forums when you can, you will be assured of a warm welcome.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:03 on 6th November 2012

Hello Mike. I too have enjoyed you photos. You are going to be a great asset to our little family I can see. 

Keep those pictures comming in and be sure to join us here on the forums.  

Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
quotePosted at 08:49 on 6th November 2012
I would like to thank all the postee's for thier kind comments and warm welcome.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:30 on 6th November 2012

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Mike.

As you can see already Mike a friendly bunch thats for sure. Great pictures submitted also.

Clearly you are on the right track, but try not to get too steamed up, even so I bet you are well chuffed! lol

Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
quotePosted at 11:16 on 6th November 2012
On 5th November 2012 21:01, james prescott wrote:
Welcome to the site Mike hope you come to enjoy it --plenty topics for you to go at ---any problems dont be afraid to ask   once again welcome

Thanks for the welcome James,I'm sure i will enjoy it.
Mike Freeman
Mike Freeman
quotePosted at 11:19 on 6th November 2012
On 5th November 2012 21:04, Dave John wrote:
Hi Mike and welcome to the site. You'll find a friendly bunch here. You have already put some really good pics up for viewing, look forward to more, certainly the trains, they are spot on,  which is no surprise now I know the Colin Garratt connection......remember that name very well. If you get the time join in the forums where anything goes, serious, comical, topical. We tend to enjoy a bit of jolly banter now and again and new input is always more than welcom
Thanks for the welcome Dave I'll post a few more railway ones for you 'in fact i have done so today.