Malham

in the county of North Yorkshire

Dittisham as seen from the River Dart

Dittisham

in the county of Devon

A picture of Escomb

Escomb

in the county of County Durham

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

can you help

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Heather Carrington
Heather  Carrington
quotePosted at 03:09 on 4th January 2013
Thank you everyone.  I now know we must not miss the Lake District that everyone has recommended.  Are there any certain villages or routes you would recommend in the Lake District.  Thank you for all the kind welcomes.  Ill be askiing for help from time to time as I plan our trip.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 07:18 on 4th January 2013

The very popular towns of Bowness and Ambleside are both situated on Windermere. From Ambleside go north through Grasmere and on to Keswick where you can spend a bit of time at Derwentwater then across to Penrith and up to Carlisle to get into Scotland. That would be the most direct route through the Lakes and you would see some great places and scenery but of course there is so much more to see depending on how much time you can allocate for the visit. You would be able to see quite a lot with just spending 2 nights in the area. Needless to say there is plenty of information on POE to help you

Edited by: Dave John at:4th January 2013 07:40
Heather Carrington
Heather  Carrington
quotePosted at 00:38 on 6th January 2013
Thank you much DAVE for the names of the villages.  Cant wait until my map arrives and we can see the route of the villages.  I have a map, but it doesn't show in detail.  You've been very helpful, thank you.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 09:05 on 6th January 2013
Just open up 'Google Maps' and type in 'Ambleside Lake District' and that will will bring an interactive map that you can move round and zoom into. Needless to say it works the same for any other location as well....The Lake District, and Ambleside in particular, is my favourite part of this country.

Edited by: Dave John at:6th January 2013 09:07
Heather Carrington
Heather  Carrington
quotePosted at 02:10 on 7th January 2013
Dave, thanks again.  I will do.
jc
jc
quotePosted at 18:06 on 8th January 2013

{**FOREST KINDA CHILLY**} Arizona! Kinda short on words, except the sun is bright {hoping for the best!} Enjoy the day!

Julia

Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 01:03 on 20th January 2013

Hello and Welcome Heather.

I agree with the Keswick area.  Very quaint.  If your in Edinburgh, not far from the border is Lindisfarne Castle....Absolutely quaint village for sure and the castle is well worth seeing.

Please login to post to this thread...