Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Problems with "submit Pictures" page.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:19 on 17th January 2010

Hi

Have you tried emptying your Cache/Temporary Internet files on Internet Explorer? This might resolve it.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
TheHermit
TheHermit
quotePosted at 14:09 on 17th January 2010
Well the German government have warned people not to use explorer because of the Trojans it can give you. I'm now trying Google chrome which works faster. Firepox just freezes my pewts up.

Edited by: TheHermit at:17th January 2010 16:41
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 15:12 on 17th January 2010
Sorry to have to ask but what is are pewts!
Graham RainsPremier Member - Click for more info
Graham Rains
quotePosted at 16:56 on 17th January 2010
I had frozen pewts once. I found the best way to avoid this condition is to wear my wifes' tights in very cold weather.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:21 on 17th January 2010

Graham  ! You little devil     !  

Sally, I think The Hermit means his compurter as in com-pewt-er.

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 17:41 on 17th January 2010
Thanks so much Sue, however I found Graham's version more interesting. Wink
trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 22:15 on 14th August 2010

I am new to POE but have a good bit of internet and computer experience. I have been unable to submit any pictures or make up a tour. I click on town/attraction but will not let me start and entry. If I go I can Picture - browse and select a picture, Title and make a title, description and make an entry...then click submit and I get the following: Please find the town or attraction that image relates to.

How do I navigate to make this happen. I have been at this all day with no luck. I have tried on 3 seperate computers, a laptop, and a netbook computer that I have with no results on any. I am running Windows XP Professional and Internet Explorer 8 on all but one computer. I am running Windows Vista on it... Help Please... can's share if it won't let me, Thanks in Advance... trvljet

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 22:24 on 14th August 2010
Don you did of course read the "How to" headings and information which are found at the bottom of the list on the left hand side of your screen, didn't you???  This is cheeky - but if all else fails 'read the manual'.  Now you can get mad at me, lol.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 08:34 on 15th August 2010

Have you managed to sort this out Don?  Are your pictures too big?  Dowload size is 4.99 MB. 

Once you have selected Town/Attraction, (make sure the little green dot is in the correct one).

Type in the name of the place (a POE list should appear) click on the correct one on the POE list. 

Then click browse, which will allow you to select the photo saved on your computer, click on the your photo information and you will see the photo information appear next to the browse button.

Add your photo's title, and then a description (much nicer if you add a bit of information about the pic) and click submit.

Hope that helps,  I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 09:32 on 15th August 2010
Cathy, kind sweet and helpful person that you are. Thank you for your concerns and desire to help me. First of all I never felt you were cheeky nor did I ever consider for one second getting mad for you trying to help me. I did some refreshing of many different things in my computers and have finally gotten things worked out and feel I am now able to post. I woke very early... have had my pot of rich black coffee, my brain is stimulated and I am ready to get on with it. I can see it takes time to post to each picture if you are trying to tell a story with a tour. I believe I will go to the forums and write a story of a visit, then post pictures in the order of the story I am telling. A person could then read the forum story.....and then click on the pictures or the tour and have the visual of the story I was relating.... How does that sound. Thank you again for your kind and generous help. I had not only read the instructions but also printed out the tour and submit picures instructions and put into a little booklet just in case.... trvljet