Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Guildhall museum in Priory Park, Chichester, with cricketers practicing before their match

Chichester

in the county of West Sussex

Wells Cathedral, Somerset

Wells

in the county of Somerset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Storms, wind, rain we love it!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Victor Isaacs
Victor Isaacs
quotePosted at 23:56 on 8th November 2007

Whatever we English say about our weather, what a dreadful summer we had, and now there is there is threat of more storms, there is till much to be said for our country.

Come what may, and with my cricket background I have travelled many places in the world, but I would never permantly leave England for any other place. 

I love England and do not believe it gets the recognition world wide for its beauty, charm and yes it's climate! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 01:15 on 9th November 2007

Hi Victor. For what it's worth, I think the English climate is perfect. Why people leave this country to escape it is beyond me. Let them go I say!

A lot of people from abroad, particularly from warmer climates say that our weather is 'dull'. Are they mad? Who'd want to stare up at a blank blue canvas all day with a sun so bright you can barely see the scenery?. That's dull. Give me swirling clouds of shades of grey, rain swept hills, pretty rainbows, valleys of mist and fog, any day of the week over that.

And I do sometimes tire of people moaning about the rain all the time, especially those that have lived with it for so many years. You'd think they'd get used to it.

"awful weather we're having isnt it, dreadful, not more rain, when will it ever stop?, blah blah"

I think they need reminding sometimes, that without so much rain falling on us, we wouldn't have such green and pleasant lands that we all so much adore..

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:54 on 9th November 2007

Well said POE. I dont care what the weather brings, I will enjoy it.

I have driven through the Lake District and the North Yorkshire moors in blizzards, And have enjoyed every minute of it. People say, "what a shame". I think it was fantastic.

As you say, its because of the rain that we have a green and pleasant land.

I have seen four seasons in one afternoon, sun, rain, sleet and snow, then sun again. Its great.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:56 on 9th November 2007
Sorry to hear about your floods Victor. Hope you arnt too badly affected.
Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 18:00 on 13th November 2007

I wish I could say that I enjoy the English weather no matter what is brings, but I am definately a Spring /Summer / Sunshine type of person. I do find the cold and rainy weather a bit depressing! and the lack of daylight in the winter months.

The only thing I like about winter is snow, but unfortunately we don't tend to get much of it in East Anglia, particularly on the coast. Still maybe this winter will bring some, last thing I heard the forecasters were saying it would be a cold one. 

Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 18:09 on 13th November 2007
Having said all the above I must admit that POE is correct, we wouldn't have the beautiful countryside that we do if the sun shone all year round, so I guess its a case of putting up with the wet and cold. I must admit I would never want to live anywhere else, rain or not.
 Please login to post to this thread...