Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

First Snow

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 14:35 on 2nd February 2008

Well the snow arrived in Great Yarmouth last night and departed just as an hour or two later and had all gone by this morning, so no photos from me I'm sorry to say. I expect that was our ration of snow for this winter.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 18:08 on 3rd February 2008

Hi Ian, what time did you get up on Saturday moprning?!!!

I have sent a pic which I took about 10.30am Saturday from my window in Oulton Broad, but hey, maybe it's warmer in Gt. Yarmouth.

Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 19:16 on 9th February 2008
Hi Peggy, I work in Lowestoft and in fact I worked a night shift on last Friday night, so I saw the snow in Lowestoft when I left work at 6.am. The strange thing is that by the time I got into Yarmouth there was hardly a trace of it. It's always amazed me that the weather can vary between two towns that are little more than 10 miles apart, but its something that I have often seen as I travel between the two towns.
Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 20:43 on 24th March 2008
It's not fair - I love the snow.  Where I live in South Cumbria the last decent snow we had was 1992 or there abouts.  The snow does get to the Lake District but not to us.  It looks like we won't get any more now for another year at least.Frown
Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 21:47 on 24th March 2008
hi ian i live just outside blundeston so not to far from you and we have had plenty today so i have been out there snapp-ing away we dont get to much so as they say make hay while the sun shines
Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 00:41 on 25th March 2008

Hi Brian, I have just had a look at your pictures  of the snow, very nice they are too. Oh well, I finally got my snow! never expected it to be at easter though!

I have been out taking some pictures today. I went a little inland to some favourite spots in and around the broads. There  was quite a bit more snow there than here in Great Yarmouth. I have submitted some photos already.

I have just looked out of my window and its snowing quite hard again! 

Please login to post to this thread...