Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Wells Cathedral, Somerset

Wells

in the county of Somerset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's your weather like today?....6

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:50 on 29th December 2012

The rain has stopped for a while it seems, but feeling the cold at 7c and the wind is not helping.

Roll on Spring and Summer eh?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
Posted at 00:21 on 30th December 2012

AGH! Ron don't ask for summer yet! We just recently got some refreshing cold. It was 0c last night around 6:00 pm here. Had to be out in it and we could see our breath and noses nipping w/ frostbite.

It's nearly quarter past 4 pm here right now and Lee says it's about 8c outdoors. And he has to go back out into it to do a bit of shopping. And it's raining. The spinach loves this,@lol.Wink 

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 01:35 on 30th December 2012
It's Minus 6 ºC here right now Linda; not much lower than you. The roads in our neighbourhood are all ice and snow, as we don't get the privilage of the snow plough.  
Linda-mary Sigley
Linda-mary Sigley
Posted at 04:22 on 30th December 2012

Sue, you're resourceful. You'll get out the snow shovel at dawn and dig your way out @LOL.

@Rusty Ruth, are the beautiful flowers in your profile pic nasturtiums? My Mom used to grow nasturtiums when I was a girl. They're tasty in salads.

@Peggy, what is that beautiful bird in your profile pic? When I was a girl a pair of ring-necked pheasants lived in a "wild" part of our land, and so did a mallard duck who was a bit friendly: I named him Mr. Mallard, but recently found out that Mrs. Mallard was the right moniker. There was also a reticent jack rabbit out there too, but often I'd just see his big ears. I loved my little zoo.

I hope it stops raining for a bit over in beautiful England. You need some dry days. James, it always seems it's raining where you live, buddy.. 

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 14:30 on 31st December 2012
It was Minus 22 ºC when I got up this morning.  Too bad I have to go out shopping. Time to wrap up like a mummy. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 14:39 on 31st December 2012

Hi Sue hope you are feeling a bit better, you also Karen.

As for the mummy doing the shopping, what about daddy doing it for you? lol

cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 14:40 on 31st December 2012
Ouch -22 C Sue - unimaginable!  It has been between +35C & +40C recently here!
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 17:31 on 31st December 2012
On 31st December 2012 14:39, Ron Brind wrote:

Hi Sue hope you are feeling a bit better, you also Karen.

As for the mummy doing the shopping, what about daddy doing it for you? lol

Daddy works 12 hour shifts with an hour each way to comunte, so its me or no food and I like my food too much. HA!

I'm feeling fine. I have two more tests this week, then I should start the chemo next week. Thanks for asking.  

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 17:47 on 31st December 2012

Linda the bird in my avatar is a pheasant, I think it is lovely, but then I think all birds are lovely, some have such beautiful colours, i wish more would come in our garden, oh by the way

Itis pouring with rain at the moment

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 19:41 on 1st January 2013
On 30th December 2012 04:22, Linda-Mary Sigley wrote:

@Peggy, what is that beautiful bird in your profile pic? When I was a girl a pair of ring-necked pheasants lived in a "wild" part of our land...

On 31st December 2012 17:47, Peggy Cannell wrote:

Linda the bird in my avatar is a pheasant, I think it is lovely, but then I think all birds are lovely, some have such beautiful colours, i wish more would come in our garden, oh by the way

The Ring-necked Pheasant and the Pheasant are identical, just named different in England and America.
Smiley snow.gif
It was Minus 24 ºC this morning. Happy COLD New Year!