Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

High Tide

Seaton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Caldecott Park, Rugby

Rugby

in the county of Warwickshire

Cottage near Freshwater, Isle of Wight. Taken from an open top bus.

Freshwater

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Cotswolds

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Anita Jeffery
Anita Jeffery
quotePosted at 11:49 on 10th November 2007

Until I started tracing my mothers family I had no idea that so many of them were born in the Cotswold villages of Brailes, Ilmington, Treadington, Quinton, Admington and Pebworth. Recently we visited these places. It was September and the Cotswold are so very beautiful. I have some lovely photos I will upload. Anita

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 10:40 on 11th November 2007

Once you start tracing your family tree it takes you over, it is time consuming but very interesting to know how and where your ancestors lived, not only to find it out from books but to visit and take photo's.  Like viewer Lawrence Davis one of my family was sent to Tasmania as a prisoner, for stealing a lady's hat and a copper boiler for which he got 7 years, I obtained documents from the Austrailian R.O to find that for misbehaving he was whipped and put in chains. It took me many years but luckily my family were all local as far as I have found but the name of 'DUGDALE' has baffled me, as I could not find what I wanted to know in Church Registers I went to London to the Registry Office and went through all the Births, but the name was very uncommon in those days therefore if anyone has done their Dugdale Tree I would like to know about it.My Thomas Dugdale married 1811 Ilk. St Margaret's Suffolk  Thanks

Les. Hibbard
Les. Hibbard
quotePosted at 03:12 on 3rd January 2008
We visited the Cotswolds with a dear lady Mrs Dorothy WISE from Clanfield across the border in Berks.

My G-G-G-Grandfather was a yeoman farmer in the Clanfield area, but I can only find his direct line down to myself.

Roy Batham
Roy Batham
quotePosted at 12:50 on 21st January 2008
I was born in Harlesden and thought my ancestors came from around London. Not so. I started to trace them and find them in Wiltshire, Dorset, Herts, Essex and Suffolk. My wife I met in Bucks, but her ancestors are mainly from Lancs, Yorks and Westmoreland with a few from Sussex and Germany. Pics of Eng is a great site to visit most of the places.
 Please login to post to this thread...