Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Chipping Ongar Main Street, Essex

Chipping Ongar

in the county of Essex

Heydon, Norfolk

Heydon

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Marshall's

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jim Marshall
Jim Marshall
quotePosted at 01:46 on 11th April 2008
I've traced my relatives back to Elton, Derbyshire.  I'm looking for suggestions on looking deeper into our family heritage,any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Jim Marshall 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:52 on 11th April 2008

Welcome to POE, Jim.

I wish you luck in finding your Marshall relatives, we have had a few success stories here, so you too may get lucky.

L
L
quotePosted at 07:27 on 11th April 2008
Hi Jim welcome, and I hope you find what you're looking for, I cant help as I dont live in that part of England, sorry. You got in first I see Sue lol another brownie point?
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:00 on 11th April 2008

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:29 on 11th April 2008
Welcome to POE Jim. I hope someone on here can help, I'm sure someone will. I too live in the wrong part of England, but all the best with your search.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:41 on 13th April 2008

Hi Jim

Welcome....can't help in your search but do keep coming back because you never know! On top of that you can join in with the sometimes silly, serious, and downright rude (from Peter the pillock that is) banter!! Clearly as more members join in there is a great chance that you will find what you are hoping for.

L
L
quotePosted at 22:10 on 13th April 2008
Wanda Marshall
Wanda Marshall
quotePosted at 18:49 on 20th April 2008

Hi Jim, I can't help you with your research, I don't think but as one Marshall to another - I think they are a dime a dozen in England - I have traced my ancestor Thomas Marshall b. 1796 to Glouchestershire.  He married a Sarah Hobbs and lived in Chipping Sodbury.  I did get to met some relatives the last time I was in England.

This may sound off the wall but this is how I found them, I went to the British phone book in the area and found all the Marshall's I could, I sent a letter to about 20 of them, just saying I was doing family research and lo and behold I got two replies.  I was needless to say shocked, but I have kept in contact with my new found relatives.  They don't know much of the family history and as a matter of fact I took over a large folder of the family info I found and gave it to them.  I do have Marshall relatives in the US but have never been able to locate them.  The last I found on the census was Robert Marshall living in Mass, I think and George Marshall in Colorado.  I hope you have good luck tracing your family.

Wanda Marshall
Wanda Marshall
quotePosted at 18:50 on 20th April 2008

PS  I should learn to do spell check before I post,

Have a great day

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 08:42 on 21st April 2008
On 11th April 2008 01:46, jim marshall wrote:
I've traced my relatives back to Elton, Derbyshire.  I'm looking for suggestions on looking deeper into our family heritage,any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Jim Marshall 

http://www.dfhs.org.uk/

www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/local_studies/resources/journals/

Please login to post to this thread...