'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Carisbrooke Castle in Newport of the Isle of Wight

Carisbrooke

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I'm back !

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 08:21 on 3rd June 2009

Hello there !

It's been a while but I have a very good reason. I've been to lovely England at last !!!!!

Sadly enough I'm back now

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:50 on 3rd June 2009
Will we get to see the pictures Patrick? Hope you had a great time and one that you won't mind talking about here in the forum for the members who haven't yet made it.
Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 12:53 on 3rd June 2009

It was fabulous !!

quite some rain on the first day in the cheddar gorge but the weather was improving every day until it was bloody hot.

I've made 779 pictures so lots to choose from. I'll try to put them on "picturesofengland" but I never did that, so...

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 13:17 on 3rd June 2009
Hi Patrick! So good to have you back! We missed you. Glad you had a smashing trip. Can't wait to see your pictures but with that many I know it will take some time to get them up. Smile
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 13:48 on 3rd June 2009

Hi welcome back, so what did you think??  where did you visit?

I see Cheddar gorge, its lovely there, did you enjoy your visit?

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 14:54 on 3rd June 2009
Hey Patrick !!! Cant wait to see your pix and hear all about your trip i always need more ideas before heading out on mine!!!;-))))))
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:29 on 3rd June 2009
Welcome back Patrick! I am glad you had a grand time in good ole England; can't wait to see your pictures. Laughing
Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 13:16 on 4th June 2009

I 've never put a picture on the internet so someone has to explain first how to do that!

There's a new flight to Bristol (from Eindhoven) so that was handy 'cause it was smack in the middle of the area we wanted to visit.

First day we drove to the Cheddar Gorge and travelled immediately through to Dartmoor national park (we stayed in the neighbourhood of Newton Abbott). The moors where the main reason to visit this area after reading 'the hound of the Baskervilles' (twice!)

After two days in Dartmoor we popped over to Torquay because my wife wanted to see the sea. Luckily the sun came out from this day on (the other days were cloudy with some rain). We've also visited a very lovely village there called Cockington.

The next three days were spent in a lovely B&B near wells. We wanted to visit a few things so stayed there a while. Stourhead, Wilton house, Longleat and Wells were all on the list and were absolutely fabulous ! I definitely  wanted to see an English landscape garden so Stourhead was one of my favourite places.

The next hotel was in Amesbury. We passed Shaftesbury and Salisbury and on the way to our hotel we visited Stonehenge as well. Sadly enough we'd planned only one day for all this but there's a lot more to see in Salisbury than our guides had mentioned. So one more reason to come back.

After Amesbury we stayed three days in amazing Bath, one of the main reasons to visit the area (with the moors) and we finished our visit in Bristol.

I hope I didn't make too many mistakes in this short report so you can enjoy it.

Edited by: patrick van calck at:4th June 2009 13:17
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 02:50 on 5th June 2009

Sounds like a great trip, Patrick.  I'm glad you got to go. 

As for posting pictures, click the Submit Pictures link and then follow the prompts. 

Rafal Bartkowiak
Rafal Bartkowiak
quotePosted at 16:15 on 5th June 2009

Hi Patrick,I envy you this trip.Some of this places I've seen before but not all of them.It's nice to hear you are happy with the journey.I'm waiting for your photos which you've made a lots.Hope most of them we will see soon.

It's really easy to put the pictures to the site so....good luckWink.

If something will not clear,you will not sure what to do or how  just ask.It will be pleasure to help you.

Rafal .