Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Park Street and the Wills Tower

Bristol

a Historic City in the county of Somerset

Slaidburn, Hodder Valley, Lancashire

Slaidburn

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Postcards from England ( City of Bath - 06/04/10 )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 10:51 on 7th October 2010

Good morning dear Friends of the beautiful England Smile

City of Bath ( 06/04/10 )

The first of my 2010 escapades around England took me to a place I so long awaited to discover being a fan of Jane Austen's novels and fine 18th century architecture, and I must say that Bath and its many charms truly enchanted me.

My first glimpse of the town was a stunning view over the river and one of the most charming bridges I have ever seen.

Then a stroll through the town took me from the Roman Bath to the beautifully preserved historic part of the town where almost every building is an enchantment in itself.

After a spot of lunch at Sally Lun's, I embarked on the City Sightseeing Bus which took me around the town to the Royal Circus, the Royal Crescent and beyond up the hills which offer a stunning view over the city.

The Royal Crescent was of a scale I truly had not imagined and with the surrounding lawn areas filled with daffodils, a unforgettable sight in itself.

The nearby Victoria Parc was beautiful with its great entrance guarded by two giant lions statues and the lake so peaceful in the late afternoon.

I love Nature and my visit to Bath coincided with one of the first lovely Springtime days of the season has truly enchanted my senses.

Britain truly is a one of the best places in the world to enjoy Springtime in all its glory !

I do hope to have the pleasure of visiting Bath again for its Christmas markets...

Here are a few pictures of my escapade to Bath...

By the Pulteney Bridge

City of Bath - by the Pulteney Bridge and the River Avon
Picture by karim cheikh

By the River Avon

View of the River Avon
Picture by karim cheikh

Lunch at Sally Lun ( who could I resist honouring a French refugee from 300 years ago !

Sally Lunn's
Picture by karim cheikh

Funny Picture ( yes I know, childish to say the least Wink )

City of Bath - funny picture by a giant ice cream cone
Picture by karim cheikh

The Royal Crescent and Daffodils ( a sight of beauty in itself ! )

The Royal Crescent in bloom !
Picture by karim cheikh

Posing in a field of daffodils as a celebration of Springtime !

City of Bath - Royal Crescent in Bloom
Picture by karim cheikh

Just like for the City of York, certain areas of Bath will for ever be associated with fields of daffodils which are my favorite fowers for what they represent of renewal and refreshing touch of Spring after a long winter !

KarimSmile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:37 on 7th October 2010
Thanks Karim.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...