Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Oldway Mansion and parterre.

Paignton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Coleton Fishacre

Kingswear

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Postcards from England ( Bournemouth - 27/07/10 )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 21:33 on 30th December 2010

Bournemouth ( 27/07/10 )

As the United Kingdom is slowly recovering from one of its coldest and earliest winter offensive in almost a century, the single thought of walking in the surf on a warm summer day is enough to have us all dreaming about soft summer breezes.

I had not yet visited Bournemouth that I already loved it and I must say that I succumbed to the many charms of this famous Victorian Sea Resort which spreads over 7 miles of golden sandy beaches.

I arrived on the perfect summer day and found the beaches surrounding the Pier already very busy with cheerful sun bathers and swimmers and the sheer size of the 7 miles beach one can do exactly as one pleases with regards to finding the perfect spot !

The Bournemouth Pier is a very busy place with colorful arcades and outlets offering souvenirs, snacks and drinks.

If you wish to have a spot of lunch with a view, I warmly recommend the excellent Harbour Lights located at the top of the Waterfront Building which commends breathtaking views over the Pier and the surrounding beaches.

A visit to Bournemouth is not complete without discovering the famed beach huts which comes in an infinity of styles and colors ranging from rustic to luxurious and can be hired per day, week, month or even an entire season.

The Pleasure Gardens which link the beach to the town of Bournemouth offer a refreshing alternative to a hot summer day as one can sit under the shade of the centenary trees which spread over two miles of lush vegetation and water features.

The town of Bournemouth offers to the Shopper elegant arcades which shop caters for every taste.

I have loved every minute of my time in Bournemouth and looking back at these pictures, I feel a little bit less wintery now...

Happy & Healthy New Year to all the Members !!!

Bournemouth - Pleasure Gardens - July 2010

Bournemouth - Vital statistics for a day at the beach !

Bournemouth - View of the Pier - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010 - a spot of lunch with a view !

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010 - Pleasure Gardens

Bournemouth - July 2010 - Pleasure Gardens

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

Bournemouth - July 2010

KarimSmile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions