'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cromer from the Beach

Cromer

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

PALACES AND CASTLES

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 16:39 on 13th November 2007

I like to think that we have some of the greatest buildings any where in the world and would like to hear your favourites

My favourite is Hampton court palace it is steeped in so much history and the palace is in perfect condition. King Henry is what this building is probably known best for it has so much to see you can almost feel old Henry's presence. so lets hear your favourite site

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Judy Carol
Judy Carol
quotePosted at 23:15 on 13th November 2007
As for palaces, Hampton Court Palace is the best. I must admit that I have not seen many but Hampton took my breath away at its commanding beauty and preservation. Loved the Tudor kitchens and Henry VIII's astronomical clock hangs on the second tower archway. If you close your eyes, you can almost hear the carriages and the hoof beats of horses as they come through the huge archway on cobblestone streets. When it comes to castles, I simply fell  in love with the fairy tale castle of Ann Boleyn's childhood home, Hever Castle. It was, later in time, the home of William Waldorf Astor. He added beautiful Italian gardens and water mazes. Saw some black tulips for the first time. There is a small lake. If you like gardens, don't miss this one. Talking about all this makes me want to go back so badly.
Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 16:32 on 14th November 2007

Hampton Court is indeed a great place. I only ever visited it as a child but remember it quite well.

Of course being a child at the time it's not the palace I remember best but the fantastic maze. 

Please login to post to this thread...