Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Polurrian Cove

Lizard

in the county of Cornwall

Sandringham House

Sandringham

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Can PicturesOfEngland.com help in the search for Madeleine McCann?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:52 on 19th March 2008

Forum member Sharon Hebert Linzy asked for help through Pictures Of England.com and it’s millions of visitors to find a long lost friend of 35 years. In fact it paid dividends because fellow forum member Karen Pugh suggested Sharon contact the North-West Evening Mail online - the rest as they say is history!

In fact the newspaper claims Sharon had tried ‘every internet search, to no avail’ but conveniently failed to mention www.PicturesOfEngland.com  from where the request was initiated! On the other hand perhaps Sharon didn’t tell them that she was directed to their newspaper via the Pictures Of England forum and Karen Pugh particlarly.

Anyway the point is it was a success story that came about because one person took the time and trouble to either research it, or was familiar with the area and the aforementioned newspaper. Karen responded with helpful information for which we members are truly grateful. So that got me thinking that if we members can help to re-unite friends after 35 years, it is just possible that somebody out there could be ‘prompted’ and perhaps give valuable information, maybe just a ‘slither’ of information that would help those in the search for Madeleine McCann. I have therefore compiled a list of questions/suggestions that you may like to read through to see if anything jogs your memory, and please remember little Madeleine could be anywhere on this earth, so please don’t dismiss this request for help, or consider it an impossible task. We must never give up searching for Madeleine and indeed any other children/persons that go missing!

For example:

·         Were you on holiday when Madeleine went missing and do you have the slightest information regarding anything that you have seen or heard? Remember, no matter how small, it may help!

·         Have you seen adults (or maybe not so adult), acting suspiciously with a child in their apparent care?

·         Have you got neighbours that have suddenly turned up with a son or daughter? I say son or daughter because whoever has Madeleine will be trying to disguise her features surely?

·         Have you heard anything in your home town, city and/or of course the countryside, other than the press reports that is, that might be useful in the search?

·         Could it be that something has aroused you’re suspicion and until now you have dismissed it? Think again!

·         What happens if Madeleine falls ill, or needs general medical care, dental care perhaps – who provides it and/or where does she receive such attention?

·         Who has provided medication and/or treatment where the ‘parents’ appear nervous? Look out for the right eye feature that we all sadly know so well!

·         Where is Madeleine going to school, or why doesn’t the child next door go to school?

·         Whoever has Madeleine has to eat, so do they take her/him to the local shops for example where you are thinking it can’t possibly be, can it? Remember it could be!

·         What about clothing and shoes etc? Does anybody you know shop for a child where the child is never present? I know parents do shop without their children, but next time take more notice because you never know!

·         Where does Madeleine play? In other words if you know of a child that is never allowed to leave the house, think again could it be Madeleine?

·         Are there any remote areas that you know of where a supposed family have recently moved in with a child but seem never, or rarely to venture away from it?

·         Look out for ‘loners’ perhaps, where the ‘parents’ won’t allow their child to get anywhere near other children!

·         If you know of, or have heard rumours of human trafficking speak out now - no matter where you are in the world!

·         Do you have a family member who has started acting suspiciously when it comes to your visiting them? If you do, family or not you have a duty to inform the Police in your local area!

Needless to say, if you can offer any information whatsoever, you should contact your local Police Station, Crimestoppers, Interpol, or appropriate Investigative Authority immediately. Please consider what that poor little soul Madeleine must be going through, as well as her parents and family generally, so c’mon fellow POE members/visitors THINK MADELEINE McCANN!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 12:04 on 22nd March 2008

I really hope they find her, but lets not forget the other children missing, e.g. Ginette Tate. she was about 14 when she went missing doing a paper round as a favour for a friend, I hope people remember her too. And what about little Ben Needham, he went missing in 1991 on the Greek island of Kos, he was a baby of 18months old and would now be 18. Lets pray all the children missing can be found one day, or at least know what happened to them so their parents and families can have the answers they have been wanting for a very long time now.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:28 on 22nd March 2008

Thanks Lyn for your response and yes of course you are correct in everything you say. I guess we really can't imagine how awful the trauma must be for the children, the parents, grandparents etc. It's bad enough for those of us looking in from the outside.

I started the thread for little Madeleine because of the minor success for others that I had achieved within the website. I felt that at least it couldn't do any harm, so if it helps keep the names of the missing children to the forefront, and continues to keep the public alert in ALL circumstances, rather than perhaps a 'no it coudn't possibly be' scenario, well its been a success.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:15 on 1st May 2008

Nearly 12 months and still no sign of this little girl, so with the awful trauma of the cellar captives in Austria being made public could it be that Madeleine is being kept in similar circumstances? Lets hope that with the McCanns keeping up the pressure in their search for Madeleine that somebody will remember something, no matter how trivial you may think it is please do report it to the police, or use the hotline number available 0845 83 84 699 to report your sighting. Might I also respectfully suggest that you put this number on your mobile phone just in case you are out somewhere, or on holiday for example and you think you recognise her. We can also keep her in our prayers!

nyyank
nyyank
quotePosted at 18:27 on 1st May 2008
I know it sounds provincial, but bring in the NYPD.I made the same claim about the WMD's.Somebody out there knows the truth,unfortunately that truth may be that Madeleine, most likely, is deceased.I wonder how some people live with themselves.Good point about her being stashed away as in the Austrian case,but then how in the world can we find her then?If there is a God,she will be found and her abductors will pay dearly.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:11 on 23rd December 2008
It must be very hard for the parents of Madeline McCann and/or any other child who is missing, especially at Christmas. So now two years later and still no sighting of little Madeline, it gives me a little hope that she is still well, but being held captive somewhere, by somebody who probably loves her as their own, but she will never be that will she? So if you know of anything strange happening, or anything that has happened that might raise an awareness of the whereabouts of this little girl, or any other missing person please do the right thing and contact any Police Authority. Remember to keep the hotline telephone number on your mobile just in case.....0845 83 84 699 and make the power of POE something to really talk about! God Bless you Madeline wherever you are, know that your Mum and Dad and probably half the world is looking for you!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:57 on 12th August 2009

Today Chris and Sarah met Kate McCann, mother of dear little Madeleine McCann who is still missing members! Sarah told Kate that it was her Dad (Moderator Ron) who posted this thread on POE in the hope that it might jog a memory. Sadly, thus far it has not made any difference, well not that we know of. However, we must never give up; not on any missing children, ever!! Kate asked Sarah to pass on her thanks to me for posting this thread in the forum. I only wish somebody would read this post today, tomorrow, next week and say "Hey, I saw that little girl" and then report the sighting as soon as possible to the Police. Please, please, please members continue to look for this little girl. With many millions of unique visitors to this website it is just possible that somebody knows where Madeleine is, although maybe not sure if they should speak out. Please do the right thing, even if it means betraying a family member! If you think you have even the smallest piece of information you must come forward.

C'mon members, take a second look at the little girl living next door and ask could that be Madeleine McCann? I believe we really can help here members, and then once again we could proudly boast.....that's the power of POE!

norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 21:15 on 12th August 2009
It's so heartbreaking, I hope and pray that she's alive, and someone will find her.  It's hard to believe that there are monsters (because that's what they are) out there who take children from parents!  My prayers are with Little Madeline and her family.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:32 on 12th August 2009
Thank you for responding Norajean. I hope more members will comment, for if they do they are thinking about Madeleine, which may help to solve this awful crime.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 21:59 on 12th August 2009
I touched on this on a recent thread, perhaps Poe could have a 'Missing Children' section, with pictures and dates/locations they went missing? even if only one child is found, it would be a worthwhile task
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >