Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

Hatfield rooftops

Hatfield

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Important Breaking News! POE members please read this.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:05 on 31st March 2008
During communications with the owners of POE - Chris and Sarah today, it is apparent that a photograph submitted by a member of the www.PicturesOfEngland.com website/forum and I might add of significant importance, has them in a bit of a quandry. I do not want POE or any other animal lovers to be upset when I reveal that 'someone' has posted a picture of a rat with three heads and two tails! The species is known as a brown rat (Latin name rattus rattus) and it was photographed on video in a shed at the bottom of a garden, apparently here in the UK. Whats the problem I hear you say. The fact is that both Chris, Sarah and their children are particularly upset by the image which until now has not been made public. So, I simply offered to ask the membership for their opinion. I can tell you that I have seen the image and it is extremely distressing indeed! The question is should it be made public? I felt the only way to resolve a question like this was to put it to a vote of the membership which I have offered to do via the forum. If therefore you would wish to see it 'made live' please send an email to Chris and Sarah at UK2(at-replace 'at' with @) picturesofengland.com (this is to avoid spam) before midday tomorrow. Thanks for your help in this matter, the results of which will be posted tomorrow, or indeed the photograph WILL be made live! 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 21:08 on 31st March 2008
Is this for real or a wind up?
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:43 on 31st March 2008

I think that if Chris and Sarah feel it is not appropriate for the forum, then it should not be on the forum.

And again in my opinion, what relevance does it have to POE, is it a picture of England?

If I were to submit a picture to POE, say of something totally unrelated to England, take for example my picture of the two snails. If POE had decided that it had no place on the site, then I would happily accept their decision, and I'm sure whoever posted this picture will understand to.

So there, a vote to not post it from me.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:44 on 31st March 2008
Sorry, when I said forum I meant site.

quote | editPosted at 23:15 on 31st March 2008
My guess Lyn is .....it's a wind up....Wink
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:56 on 31st March 2008
I have two heads, so I am in two minds on this one.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:00 on 1st April 2008

Hey, it's not April 1st yet Ron.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:00 on 1st April 2008
Oh yes it is. Sue look at the date above your post. lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:31 on 1st April 2008

Well the fact is my friends, I had to allow for the potential time difference on this one, and well spotted Peter! I can only wonder as to how many emails were received by POE over this subject, and yes of course it was a APRIL FOOLS DAY prank!!   

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:02 on 1st April 2008
On 1st April 2008 13:00, Peter Evans wrote:
Oh yes it is. Sue look at the date above your post. lol

NOOOOOOO!  The date above Ron's initial post is March 31st, therefore it DOESN"T count    .