Emsworth

in the county of Hampshire

Douglas lighthouse

Douglas

in the county of Isle of Man

From Castlerigg farm campsite, looking towards cat bells. Lake District

Castlerigg

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What are you doing to make it a Happy Christmas?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 20:18 on 3rd December 2008

Here in the Rockie Mountians of Colorado,we have the snow,the spruce and fir trees right outside our doors,

Lighting the fire,candles lit in the windows.hot punch.friends over to dinner,listening to "Carols From Oxford",Christmas Pudding,Tom Smith crackers at dinner.Glenfiddich mince meat tarts.

My list is simple,I could not forget" Poe For The Holidays"

What is on yours?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:52 on 3rd December 2008

Sounds like you are going to have a truly English Christmas Rick. How exciting!

I'm still hobbling around, so I'm not sure if the ceiling decorations will go up this year, but I already have my advent calendar started and every day light our advent candle. We have a little Christmas tree which is coming out this afternoon. 

The Christmas pudding is going to be replaced by a chocolate Christmas log, But I'll make the traditional Christmas dinner, which includes the best bread sauce ever.

We are trying to decide whether to have Christmas day on December 21st or the 27th as my husband is working on the 25th.

And let's not forget that my 50th is on December 22nd. I expect a party to be thrown here on the forum's by those who me (which may mean I start it myself      ).

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 22:27 on 3rd December 2008

Not much family to celebrate with this year but that is not really what it is all about is it? I will be thanking Heavenly Father for all my friends and family and praying for all of them. And thanking him for just how blessed I am to have all that I do.

If you need a reminder of what Christmas is about I suggest this book, "The Purpose of Christmas" by Rick Warren. A fast read and to the point. And very inexpensive!  

Winifred Paintin
Winifred Paintin
quotePosted at 08:27 on 4th December 2008

I shall be putting my Christmas tree up next week (hopefully).

Will be spending Christmas day at my mother-in laws and she will be coming to ours on Boxing Day.

I am doing a bit of Christmas shopping each day and not leaving till the last minute as usual.

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:26 on 4th December 2008
On 3rd December 2008 21:52, Sue H. wrote:

Sounds like you are going to have a truly English Christmas Rick. How exciting!

I'm still hobbling around, so I'm not sure if the ceiling decorations will go up this year, but I already have my advent calendar started and every day light our advent candle. We have a little Christmas tree which is coming out this afternoon. 

The Christmas pudding is going to be replaced by a chocolate Christmas log, But I'll make the traditional Christmas dinner, which includes the best bread sauce ever.

We are trying to decide whether to have Christmas day on December 21st or the 27th as my husband is working on the 25th.

And let's not forget that my 50th is on December 22nd. I expect a party to be thrown here on the forum's by those who me (which may mean I start it myself      ).

Sounds like a plan!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:27 on 4th December 2008
On 4th December 2008 08:27, Winifred Paintin wrote:

I shall be putting my Christmas tree up next week (hopefully).

Will be spending Christmas day at my mother-in laws and she will be coming to ours on Boxing Day.

I am doing a bit of Christmas shopping each day and not leaving till the last minute as usual.

very nice Winifred !!!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:28 on 4th December 2008
On 3rd December 2008 22:27, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:

Not much family to celebrate with this year but that is not really what it is all about is it? I will be thanking Heavenly Father for all my friends and family and praying for all of them. And thanking him for just how blessed I am to have all that I do.

If you need a reminder of what Christmas is about I suggest this book, "The Purpose of Christmas" by Rick Warren. A fast read and to the point. And very inexpensive!  

you have it down Catherine !!!
Gill Deadman
Gill Deadman
quotePosted at 19:28 on 5th December 2008

Well, I'm celebrating reaching my 70th birthday on 23rd....how did I do that?!!!

I'll be hanging our decorations around midweek, I love decorating the tree. Sadly, most of my grandchildren are almost grown up now, so dont get to see the excitement in their faces so much!

Your Christmas sounds so traditional, Richard...lovely.

Our weather here in the West of England rarely gets snow...climate is too temperate...but great for growing plants that other parts of Britain cant!Laughing

I've just been browsing lots of other photos here....they are all so great.

I'm glad I joined this site from its beginning.

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 19:53 on 5th December 2008
....(continued from the "Mending Fences" thread) - In reality, Richard, I and my son and daughter will be traveling to Alabama to spend Christmas with my Mom.  That will make it a Happy Christmas for all of us.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 20:15 on 5th December 2008
On 5th December 2008 19:28, Gill Deadman wrote:

Well, I'm celebrating reaching my 70th birthday on 23rd....how did I do that?!!!

I feel a party coming on   . Be sure and check in on the 23rd Gill, there's nothing we like more than a good shin dig.

Oh, and did I tell everyone yet that I'm 50 on the 22nd   

I laid in bed the other night and thought, there is no way I can be 50, it just can't be true. I feel like I'm 25 or something, but definitely not 50.

1 2 3 4 Next >