Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

4 More Days,,,,,,Are You Ready ???

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 11:36 on 20th December 2008

I dont know about you,yet last week seemed like October!!!!

So then.are we all ready for Christmas ?

Sitting back and enjoying the fruits of our labour? (maybe a glass of cider and a warm mince pie ??!!)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Mick Ascroft
Mick Ascroft
quotePosted at 11:42 on 20th December 2008

I'm as read as i'll ever be, mince pies is a no no i'm afraid as i cant stand the things

I'm working monday on a painting job then i'm off.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:25 on 20th December 2008

No. Going out in a mo to do a bit more shopping.

Hello Rick and Mick.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:59 on 20th December 2008

A few days ago I came home to a bit of unexpected and nasty news that would have sucked the joy of Christmas right out of me, but by the grace of God, I have a very dear friend, who without hesitation, was able to bail me out of what could have been a very nasty situation. 

That kind of put things in perspective for me, and made me realize that I have much to be grateful for; so far, I still have heat and electricity, when many in nearby towns don't. I have a job, where some in my office have been laid off. I've got my health (knock on wood). But, most of all,(thanks to POEKiss) I have good friends who care about me and I them. 

There may not be much in the way of monetary gifts, but I have the gift of my youngest sister's presence (she just moved to Boston a few weeks ago), and it's the first Christmas we have ever spent together!

So, yes, in my mind and heart, I am ready for Christmas.Smile

Edited by: Diana Sinclair at:20th December 2008 17:29
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:26 on 20th December 2008

I refuse to get stressed over Christmas, so if it's not done it's not done.

We all have one gift under the tree this year and that's one more than allot of people, so we're blessed.

And yes, I am looking forward to the food (I don't stress over that either, if I gain weight, I gain weight).

You know, I love Bread Sauce so much it makes me wonder why I only make it once a year.

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 15:56 on 20th December 2008

I am not getting stressed over the holiday. Not worth it when you can celebrate Christ's birthday any and every day of the year. It is not about the decorations or the food. It is really about celebrating who he is, what he stands for and his atonement! Why not have the spirit of Christmas all year long! Why not show that charitable side of yourself all year long. Treat people with love and respect all year and maybe the world would become a better place to live!

I am just thankful to have a roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in. Food in my fridge and friends who care about me and I them. 

My wish for everyone is a humble heart, peace and happiness always! Smile 

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:24 on 20th December 2008
Well said, Cathy.Smile
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 18:01 on 20th December 2008
Thanks Diana. I appreciate that! Kiss
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:17 on 20th December 2008

I think you three gals hit the nail on the head.  Thank you.

Christmas is not meant to be stressed over.  I learned that lesson the hard way quite a few years ago by trying to do too much and then not being able to enjoy the day. 

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 20:29 on 21st December 2008

Well Rick, not exactly.  The 2 weeks holiday I should be having now was dis-allowed by my boss as usual. But in exchange, I do now have Xmas Day and Boxing Day off then back to work until 2009 sometime. So, carrying over all the dis-allowed holidays from 2008 into 2009 will give him more opportunities to dis-allow even more holiday applications next year.

The UK does have a legal minium of holidays per year, but some employers seem to struggle trying to comply with it, thus holiday applications regularly get turned down trying to run their business.