Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Penmon

Penmon

in the county of Isle of Anglesey

A view of a part of the beach

Newquay

a Seaside Town in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

cycleways?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:28 on 20th May 2009
Good one Rod. as a comment, some years ago in an attept to get more people to stay fit and start cycling,the european parliment offered grants to member countries who would build safe cycleways for cycle users. Many concils in the UK jumped on the 'bandwagon' to claim those grants by stating they were making cycleways. unfotunately these 'greedy' councles didnt actual 'build' new cycleways but just painted markings on existing roads and footpaths, stuck up a few signs and claimed the full grants. (Shame on you)
Runcorn
Picture by Rod Burkey

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 15:23 on 20th May 2009

Yeah i agree, i think cycleways would be a great idea, its so dangerous to cycle on the busy roads now, i've lost count how many collisions i've been to involving cyclists!

But your right, they advertised great new cycle routes, but all these ended up been was the exsisting road!!  just with a little sign with a cycle on it pointing the way!!!

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:30 on 20th May 2009
hi gang,several members agree with me on this one, lets embarrass these 'lazy, penny-pinching' councils by posting pictures of some of the most stupid cycleways in your area and see whos the worst offender. as both a motorist, cyclists and indeed a pedestrian some of these 'cycle' lanes are a danger in themselves. If you know of a 'stupid' cycle route, please post us a picture!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:59 on 20th May 2009
They are everywhere in Colorado,Lanes,lanes,for cycles,walkers,it's amazing,a law just passed for giving bikers even more space when you pass!(on lanes not bike friendly)(wich are few and far between)
 Please login to post to this thread...