'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Wildlife Trusts! Friends of our environment, or incubating a serious problem?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:21 on 4th February 2010

The pond in question-----

Headington, Oxfordshire.
Picture by Paul Hilton

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:31 on 6th February 2010

That's after my book was published Paul where I said they should be ashamed of themselves [The Wildlife Trust that is] for allowing it to be used as a dumping ground for shopping trolleys, scaffold boards, beer cans, butter dishes, wheelbarrows, car seats, concrete, timber, steel wire, bicycle frames, bundles of free newspapers etc.

Then there is the question of the toxic Red and White algae that forms during the hot summer months, the rotting weed in the pond that robs every ounce of oxygen from the water, the millions of mosquito's, horse flies etc plus the fact that despite several emails to the Oxford Mail (local paper) and the BBC News, warning them of the impending serious health problems that West Nile Virus could cause, still NOBODY IS LISTENING! There are no fish in the lake and the Wildlife Trust refuse to re-stock it, as a result it's dead!!

Then there is the potential for Lyme disease.........shall I carry on?

Oh, and then there's the 'responsible dog owners' who hang the dog 'doo' on the hedge in little bags for all to see (that is if it's not already on the pathway). I blame the Wildlife Trust because there are no bins to deposit same!

In the picture above you can see the weed that I refer to, I am totally fed up with trying to warn the public of the danger.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:26 on 8th February 2010

Having seen it in person, Ron, I agree that a day's worth of weed harvester time wouldn't go amiss in improving the place, especially for the fish!!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:14 on 25th February 2010

Ruth, even the Wildlife Trust admit that there are no fish in the lake and further they do not intend restocking it because the fish eat the flies!! Yes, you did read it correctly, fish would eat the flies. Hmmmn...isn't that what fish do?

It's one of the reasons that the weed ferments and the place ends up stinking!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:32 on 4th March 2010

Why doesn't anybody want to know? Am I wrong about this potential threat.....I don't think so. I have written to the Oxford Mail (and others) many times and they haven't even acknowledged my mail, they should be ashamed of themselves!!

The Oxford Mail is the local paper supposedly looking after and reporting on local issue's and stories. Ha, that's a joke, and whilst writing you [the Oxford Mail Sales staff] can stop your telesales department from telephoning me, trying to encourage me to take the Oxford Mail on a regular basis. I wouldn't even buy it to tear it into 6 x 5 sheets!

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:34 on 5th March 2010
oooooooooooooo! calm down Ron before your blood preasure terminates you. do you think the OM is really interested (unless its a no news dayLOL) and do you think the wildlife trust would even allow your family to spread your 'ashes' on their 'beloved' land? no they would quote some health and safety regulation stateing you are contaminating the land. Take a deep breath and at this stage in your life make the most of the time you and your good lady have together and let 'them' get on with it. Its time for you to be selfish and leave it for the next generation to fight, you've done your 'bit'.
 Please login to post to this thread...