Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Etheldreda's Church

Hatfield

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What is this site all about?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:21 on 10th July 2009
What is this site all about and who is it for?

This site is for potential tourists who wish to plan what to see and visit before their real journey around England begins. It's for ex-pats who become homesick or anyone who is away from our beloved country, misses it and wishes to journey back with our pictures and all their dreams. It's for people who wish to show others where they have been to, where they are going, or where they are from. It is for children and adults alike to learn from. It's for brave servicemen who were here during the world wars and wish to visit one more time, even from afar. It's for researchers and history lovers worldwide. Its for people of today and people of tomorrow to explore and enjoy England from and appreciate what we had once, what we still have today and what we will have in the future if we look after it. PicturesOfEngland.com is for anyone anywhere in the world who wishes to see, explore and learn about beautiful England.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:34 on 10th July 2009
What a beautiful, thoughtful post Michael, and on behalf of owners Chris and Sarah thank you so much!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 22:49 on 10th July 2009
Smile
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 03:34 on 11th July 2009
Very well expressed Michael.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:21 on 11th July 2009
It is a beautiful thought Michael. For me it has been about making friends - people who I would never have got to know if it wasn't for this site, sharing my love of photography and Britain and escape from all the hard time in the real world. It has helped me get through a very hard couple of years.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 05:12 on 13th July 2009

I agree Stephanie - the people here are just lovely.  Kiss  And we've shared alot of the stuff going on in our lives.  And, Michael, I would add POE is for foreigners like me who appreciate the beauty and history of the British Isles, but have little or no time to spend there. It's a feast for the eyes with every click.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:29 on 13th July 2009

I agree with Stephanie and Ruth, the friendships forged on this site have helped many of us through some difficult times. It's a refuge away from the world.

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 15:36 on 13th July 2009
On 13th July 2009 05:12, Ruth Gregory wrote:

I agree Stephanie - the people here are just lovely.  Kiss  And we've shared alot of the stuff going on in our lives.  And, Michael, I would add POE is for foreigners like me who appreciate the beauty and history of the British Isles, but have little or no time to spend there. It's a feast for the eyes with every click.

Ditto for me!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 16:14 on 13th July 2009
On 13th July 2009 05:12, Ruth Gregory wrote:

I wouldnt class you lot as 'foreigners' LOL!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:19 on 13th July 2009
Prodigal children, Michael? WinkLaughing