Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

Halifax Town Hall from Princess St, designed by Sir Charles Barry in 1859

Halifax

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

listen to the man and make your own judgement!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:33 on 15th October 2009
in the light of the massive cuts proposed by the conservative party in last weeks Conservetive party conference, should they win the next general Election, and the fact they pressed for head to head televised forums of the party leaders. I think they have 'shot themselves in the foot' I have just listened to Prime Minister Gordon Brown 'live' on BBC Radio Lancashire's Ladies at Lunch broadcast. Gordon Brown was welcomed and cross examined by a panel and mixed audience who had no idea he was coming to the studio, he came across as a very warm, knowledgeble, caring person, so much so that almost every person present had changed their opinion of him.  If this is reflected across the country leading up to election and the others parties not raising their game, I would put my money on Mr Brown being our Prime Minister for a few more years to come. Better the Devil you know!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:37 on 15th October 2009
Are you sure it wasn't Paul McKenna in disguise Michael?
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:39 on 15th October 2009
Not for me Michael!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:45 on 15th October 2009
lol! Ron  (I wasnt a fan of GB but he did come over as a genuine warm guy, not as you see him on TV and when you see that he already has experience  as a Leader as opposed to the other contenders for his position, the 'floating voters' will make their decision)
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:47 on 15th October 2009
Michael, we can all come across polite and caring when we are in the s..t! He's not for me!!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:52 on 15th October 2009

To be honest Michael I believe Gordon Brown is a lovely guy & have nothing against him personally. My business partner and his wife met him when they won some tickets to "Party at the palace". Tony Blair was most rude to them but Gordon Brown had a long chat with them and when Angela said Martin was an accountant he said he could help out with the budget! Martin took a lovely photo of him and Angela. Both him and Charles Kennedy were very pleasant. However the party is not for me.

Edited by: Stephanie Jackson at:15th October 2009 17:53
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:56 on 15th October 2009
Namedropper! Lol
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 20:24 on 15th October 2009

I'm not argueing politics Steph, as with religion, its the surest way of loosing friends. As I said in a recent post, people will always vote for the party they have always voted for (in public anyway) but its the 'floating voter' that would decide the outcome (as these people only vote for matters that are going to affect them). We all know that Politicions of all parties promise one thing and do another, its the nature of their job but its no different than other members of society, go to see two doctors for instance and you'll probly get two different opinions.

What I was saying at the start of this thread is that most probly the next election will be a three horse race with the 'floating voters' (not wanting cuts), swinging to the lib Dems or Labour. its OK for DC to pretend to be 'honest' but put it this way, if you were walking home on a dark night and at risk of being 'mugged' then you had to go down one of two dark alleyways, you wouldnt choose the one with a couple of 'hoodies' lurking about, would you? you'd take your chance on the one that you dont know whats there. its common sense.  Wink

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:37 on 15th October 2009
Michael, as a result of earlier posts I now admit that I would hope to find a UKIP representative at the end of the alleyway! With over 500 representatives, I think they have a real chance!
David Donnelly
David Donnelly
quotePosted at 19:30 on 16th October 2009
If people vote for someone because they think "he's a nice guy", they should get everything they deserve, shouldn't it be about policies etc. Personally I think they are all a bunch of corrupt, self-serving shysters BUT I will be voting at the next general election and it certainly won't be for the "closet communists". 
 Please login to post to this thread...