'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Overton, Shropshire

Overton

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

twit and tw-t stay in x factor

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 10:18 on 9th November 2009
once again we see another talented 'singer's' future career given a masive blow thanks to the dubious voting on x factor. Why arnt the votes vetted by a completely impartial team and anounced publicly, as the public are being duped into spending their money voting? SC is in total control  and manipulates acts he could make financial gains from. The two idiots HE kept in, cant sing or dance or even entertain (unless you think two prats jiging around is entertainment). I feel realy sorry for the young Welsh girl who was fantastic to listen to, every week. I'm not stupid enough to waste my money voting on this program but it cant be right to see a promising young vocalists career tossed aside because of the idiots on the so-called judge's panal and the shows dubious production team.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:14 on 9th November 2009

Obseesed teenage girls don't care wether they can sing or not, they want the pretty boys and that's what we have to live with. 

I'm back in the states now, so your updates are welcome. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:09 on 10th November 2009

I watched this under duress Michael (Anna loves it) but one does have to wonder why Simon Cowell, who wanted to be rid of these two jokers for weeks, suddenly changes his mind. I think the answer is simple....it was one less good singer 'out of the way' thus less competition for his three, whilst knowing that they wouldn't survive much longer anyhow.

The other point is that from a betting perspective, if you have a 'single unit' then the public can only vote for that 'single unit' ie the girl, whereas if you have more than 'one in the unit' ie groups with two, three, four, five people isn't it obvious that the latter would receive greater numbers of votes, family, friends etc x 2, 3, 4, or 5? Therefore I reckon Simon Cowell knew exactly what he was doing and that is why he said he would leave it to the public vote. Disgraceful!!

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:26 on 10th November 2009
I was watching an interveiw the other week, simon Cowell was asked why he didnt sign up last years runners-up JLS as they are now a big force in the music business. He replied that his company will only invest a certain amount each year in signing up and coming acts and he had already committed . He then went on to say that JLS were signed by another company, but it didnt matter anyway as he was also involved with that company. Says it all really doesnt it?
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:33 on 10th November 2009
Zebby42
Zebby42
quotePosted at 21:54 on 10th November 2009

Now I don't really follow X Factor much and never heard of those guys before now,  but I do agree that the performance you linked was horrid! Well I will give the guys A for effort. They didn't seem to waver in their routine, but it was a little cheesy or campy however you want to describe it.

I would be curious to see the Welsh girl's performance as well that you mentioned. Is that on there as well?

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:18 on 10th November 2009

Simon and his war? against those twins earned ITV £25 million. Money talks. But I wont be watching it again. When good singers get booted for school ground,(infantile),performances then whats the point?

Looking for entrants for X Factor next year. The only rule is no talent and you must not be able to sing.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:35 on 11th November 2009
On 10th November 2009 21:54, Zebby42 wrote:

Now I don't really follow X Factor much and never heard of those guys before now,  but I do agree that the performance you linked was horrid! Well I will give the guys A for effort. They didn't seem to waver in their routine, but it was a little cheesy or campy however you want to describe it.

I would be curious to see the Welsh girl's performance as well that you mentioned. Is that on there as well?

you tube-

The X Factor 2009 - Lucie Jones - Live Results 5 (itv.com/xfactor)

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:47 on 13th November 2009

To start with I couldn't believe that Simon Cowell had left them in - but he is a clever man really - it just keeps the publicity going. My 4 year old and 9 year old loved the Ghostbusters thing though!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:22 on 13th November 2009
On 10th November 2009 22:18, Peter Evans wrote

Looking for entrants for X Factor next year. The only rule is no talent and you must not be able to sing.

Have you got your application for X Factor then Peter? Lol