'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Boston

Boston

a Seaside Town in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Possible Hung Parliament in May/June 2009?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:13 on 23rd November 2009

I think they should all be hung, and by various parts of their anatomy for getting us into the mess that we are currently in!

Joking aside, I still think David Cameron will get an easy ride into power because the people are not stupid and they don't forget, despite what the opinion poll might have suggested this week. Further, I expect other opinion polls to follow and they will, no doubt tell a different story!

What do you think members?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 15:47 on 23rd November 2009

As david Cameron and his followers have already committed themselves to cutting Public Spending should they be elected to Parliment following next years General Election, just what do they intend to cut?

Do they cut spending on Education, putting thousands of teaching staff out of work on the unemployment register and not putting money into  school buildings or equiptment?

Do they cut Policing, again putting Police and Prison Officers on the unemployment register and releasing prisoners early to save money?

Do they cut Town Hall grants, raising Council Taxes for all those that are paying it and putting Town hall staff along with manual workers such as cleaners and dustmen on the unemployment register?

Do they cut the NHS, putting our health at risk and medical and support staff on the unemployment register and allowing our hospitals to fall back into the state they were in when the last Conservative Government was in power?.

Do they cut our Armed forces, throwing our brave men and women out to the unmemployment register and leaving those that remain to survive using inferior equiptment?

Do they cut spending on the countries inferstructure when our roads and bridges are being washed away and flood defences are under threat?

Do they cut Social Services allowing children at risk and the infirm to fall victim?.

Do they cut Benefits for the poorly paid, children, elderley, infirm and sick?

Do they cut our transpot system, taking it back into the state of disrepair it was in during the last Conservative Government?

Do they freeze the pay of all remaining employees in the Public sector?

I'm sorry David Cameron, you appear to have lost the plot (if you ever had one, that is), OK, so the other parties if elected may do some of this also, but at least they are not saying they will at this stage. Its like saying you are going to rob someone before you do it, they are fore-warned and will take evasive action to prevent  you (if they have any sense),

Go ahead and cast your vote for this 'honest' party (joke), at your peril, I'll see you in the benifit queue or bancruptsy court next year.Frown

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:29 on 23rd November 2009
On 23rd November 2009 15:47, lancashirelove wrote:

As Gordon Brown and his followers have already committed themselves to cutting Public Spending should they be elected to Parliment following next years General Election, just what do they intend to cut?

Do they cut spending on Education, putting thousands of teaching staff out of work on the unemployment register and not putting money into  school buildings or equiptment?

Do they cut Policing, again putting Police and Prison Officers on the unemployment register and releasing prisoners early to save money?

Do they cut Town Hall grants, raising Council Taxes for all those that are paying it and putting Town hall staff along with manual workers such as cleaners and dustmen on the unemployment register?

Do they cut the NHS, putting our health at risk and medical and support staff on the unemployment register and allowing our hospitals to fall back into the state they were in when the last Conservative Government was in power?.

Do they cut our Armed forces, throwing our brave men and women out to the unmemployment register and leaving those that remain to survive using inferior equiptment?

Do they cut spending on the countries inferstructure when our roads and bridges are being washed away and flood defences are under threat?

Do they cut Social Services allowing children at risk and the infirm to fall victim?.

Do they cut Benefits for the poorly paid, children, elderley, infirm and sick?

Do they cut our transpot system, taking it back into the state of disrepair it was in during the last Conservative Government?

Do they freeze the pay of all remaining employees in the Public sector?

I'm sorry Gordon Brown, you appear to have lost the plot (if you ever had one, that is), OK, so the other parties if elected may do some of this also, but at least they are not saying they will at this stage. Its like saying you are going to rob someone before you do it, they are fore-warned and will take evasive action to prevent  you (if they have any sense),

Go ahead and cast your vote for this 'honest' party (joke), at your peril, I'll see you in the benifit queue or bancruptsy court next year.Frown

See, it works for both of them Michael!!
Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 00:28 on 24th November 2009
Does either party cut the perks the MPs enjoy at the expence of the taxpayer?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:28 on 24th November 2009
Good question Kahu, I think we all know the answer!
Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 20:40 on 24th November 2009
Our PM and the public are yielding the whips here.
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:19 on 24th November 2009
And today it was reported 4 politicians could be facing 10 years imprisonment for expenses fraud after police asked prosecutors to consider charges for fraud or false accounting. Now, it's the Crown Prosecution Service to decide if any prosecutions should be brought, and if so, trials aren't expected to begin before the end of next year.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:33 on 25th November 2009

Where is Guy Fawkes when you need him?  lol  (Just kidding of course).

I can't comment about the parliament, but our Congress isn't much better.  Is it just me, or is corruption just running rampant these days?  I think it's really laughable that the US is telling the Afghanistan govt that they need to clean up their corruption.  Is that hypocrisy or what?  

The problem with our system over here is no term limits.  Congressmen (US House of Representatives) serve 2-year terms, and senators serve 6-year terms, and can be re-elected for life.  I think most of them go into Congress with high ideals, but after they get entrenched, the corruption spreads to them. 

Do MPs have term limits?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:34 on 28th November 2009

>>>>Do MPs have term limits?

Sadly, the answer is no Ruth; other than within the Party which they represent of course. Therefore Election time arrives and they get their marching orders. Yipppeeee!!

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 22:22 on 26th March 2010
Does your parliament ever "hang up" as often or a severely as the US Congress?  There, it's often nothing but gridlock.  By design.